PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Motherboard question

by sharpiesharp / February 8, 2006 4:24 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Motherboard question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Motherboard question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by sharpiesharp / February 8, 2006 1:02 PM PST
In reply to: Motherboard question

NE one? i would really be thankful for any help since im about to buy a new card now but i just dont know what to get

Collapse -
Yes but keep in mind it's NOT SLi
by VAPCMD / February 8, 2006 4:23 PM PST
In reply to: Motherboard question

Do you already own the EVGA MB ?

Looks like there are probably better choices for MBs.

Collapse -
yea:(
by sharpiesharp / February 9, 2006 9:41 AM PST

but how hard would it be to upgrade my MB to a crossfire MB or is it not even worth it cause to me it seems like ATI is winning highest FPS in every bechmark now days plus with AA and AF on.

Thanks

Collapse -
Worth the upgrade?
by ranron / February 10, 2006 10:57 AM PST
In reply to: yea:(

Quote:
yea:(

but how hard would it be to upgrade my MB to a crossfire MB or is it not even worth it cause to me it seems like ATI is winning highest FPS in every bechmark now days plus with AA and AF on.

Thanks

It will not be very difficult to upgrade since you already have the other components for eVGA board. You will just need to remove the parts on your old board and put it on CrossFire board. There may be a few complications thought as Windows is very sketchy with motherboard upgrades, so if you do decide to upgrade the motherboard, back up your files and prepare to reinstall Windows if needed.

I'm not really sure about your second statement as you states its not worth upgrade because ATI is winning.

What card do you have right now? Also you should consider the fact that the most your eyes can perceive is 30fps, so anything higher will not make a difference.

Collapse -
lol oops
by sharpiesharp / February 10, 2006 4:58 PM PST
In reply to: Worth the upgrade?

on the second part of that i forgot to put a question mark after is it worth it but anyways right now i have one 6800GT. Im still not really sure on what to do since now i hear the 7900 GTX is going to bet all that ATI has. Do you think it would be smarter to wait till march or whatever and pick 2 of those up or just get a new crossfire MB and 2 1900s.

Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?