General discussion

Motherboard boot issues

Hey I'm Isuru and have a problem that you might help

I have foxconn mars motherboard, It is 3.5 years old now

It has following problems,

1. Some times PC not power on, mobo led bulb works, but not booting
But after 2/3 days its working normally, Once starts it working completely normally, No over heatings, 45-49 C processor temp, 70-72 C while games playing. (71 C normal in Core2Quad Kentsfield cpu)

2. Some times processor identified wrongly as Core2Due, but after restart it shows correctly as Core2Quad.

3. Computer booting and no display, after 4-5 seconds it is restarting and still no disply and keep restarting. But it is works fine when I re-install the battery,VGA or Ram cards until I turn off the PC. When next day same problem continues. (This problem arise when PC is shutdown around 10-12 hrs, boot completely normally otherwise.)

4. Some times take too much time to pass the POST screen.

What are your ideas, please reply

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Motherboard boot issues
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Motherboard boot issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just one to start with.

Many have BAD CAPS. Did you research BAD CAPS and then inspect for such?

Also, if the power supply is overtaxed or old, you'll see this.
Bob

- Collapse -
hi

motherboard physically looks fine, do you know any other way to check?

PSU also works fine when use with another PC

- Collapse -
I have to ask

Do you know what bad caps look like? And the fact the PSU works elsewhere does not mean it's good enough for this system.
Bob

- Collapse -
hi

I googled how bad caps looks like, so my board doesn't have such bad caps

I planining to buy Axel 500W PSU

Can you tell me whether Axel is good brand or not?

- Collapse -
Sorry, no.

And details are too slim about the existing system and there was no link for me to see what this Axel is.

Did you measure the CMOS Battery with a Volt meter? What was it?

Sorry but troubleshooting this one is not easy on a forum. Unless some clue pops up.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks for advices

I don't have instruments to check the battery,

So I decided to bring PC to a repair center

Thanks for your support

- Collapse -
Is the HS Fan, PSU, GPU free of dust ?

Have you ever replaced the CMOS battery ....

If I were you, I'd consider an aftermarket CPU HS Fan....check out http://www.FROSTYTECH.COM. I'm running an i860 that runs at 30C 95% of the time and only reaches 50c when I run 4 to 6 queries simultaneously. Running at max TDP is a recipe for premature death or erratic behavior.

VAPCMD

- Collapse -
hi

Yes I tried replacing CMOS battery,

And I live in Asian Country, therefore our ambient temperture quite high, so high CPU temp is common around here

- Collapse -
Ok on the CMOS battery....re the CPU

HS Fan.....the high ambient temp is even more reason to opt for a good CPU HS Fan like the ones reviewed over at Frostytech.com. I've used a number of them and I really like the ones from Xigmatek. Decent price....good thermal performance.

Might be good to list the exact system components to see if there are other possibilities.

VAPCMD

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for your ideas,

I decided to take pc to repair center,

- Collapse -
(NT) Let us know what they fix or replace.

CNET Forums