Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Desktops forum

Resolved Question

motherboard and cpu under $200?

by DeathDude1812 / December 20, 2013 8:26 AM PST

hello,

i'm trying to find a good motherboard and cpu combo/ bundle. but, i only have $200....

so here is a challenge for you guys: find a combo/ bundle of a motherboard and cpu under $200. think this is easy? well no. i have looked for a long time and i can't find a good one.

here are some restrictions: reliable site/ company, ships to canada/ canadian company, has to be compatible with the graphics card Rateon HD 5450, preferably an ATX/ATI motherboard. if an ATX/ATI is impossible then micro is also ok.

this is a hard challenge, i know because i tried finding something like this.

thanks to anyone who decides to help!

DeathDude1812 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: motherboard and cpu under $200?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: motherboard and cpu under $200?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by DeathDude1812

Collapse -
can't edit this?
by DeathDude1812 / December 20, 2013 9:33 AM PST

well. im going to a different forum... lol

Collapse -
There is an edit button.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 20, 2013 9:40 AM PST
In reply to: can't edit this?

It only shows when you preview your post.

But let's say you want to remove a post and try again. In most cases you alert your post then ask for removal. Tadah!

The discussion about editing after a posting is well done. For all the reasons given before I don't expect this to change.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Maybe this
by Bob__B / December 21, 2013 3:28 AM PST
Collapse -
i was shown something similar
by DeathDude1812 / December 21, 2013 5:17 AM PST
In reply to: Maybe this

this is what was recommended to me on another forum.

"PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($121.75 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($89.99 @ Memory Express)
Total: $211.74
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-20 20:56 EST-0500)"

Collapse -
Oh, I wouldn't buy from them
by James Denison / January 1, 2014 11:16 PM PST

they send people out to ask leading questions, and then come back with the recommendation.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!