Question

Most Portable Laptop with built-in Numeric Keypad?

Hi All,

I made an account specifically to create this thread, as it seems like a very knowledgeable community, and after much independent research I haven't found the answer.

I travel a lot for my job, and use my laptop is used every minute of the day. Therefore ,portability is important. A good part of my job is making and editing spreadsheets with a lot of numeric input. Therefore, having a full,10 digit numeric keypad is also important. I know there are external numpads you can buy, but it really isn't the same, and it slows me down. Not to mention, that also cuts in to the portability factor. Also important is battery life, but that takes a backseat to portability.

So I'm here begging for an answer - what's the most portable laptop that has the full 10 digit numeric keypad? I've pretty much only found 15.6" models, but I'd really like something 14" or smaller, if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance!
Andrew

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Most Portable Laptop with built-in Numeric Keypad?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Most Portable Laptop with built-in Numeric Keypad?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sounds like 15 inch ultrabooks.
- Collapse -
Keyboard w/ Numeric Keys

Have been searching for this information. Entering numbers quickly & accurately is once again possible. Thank you for info,

- Collapse -
Watch out for the 10-key on this computer

I too want a laptop with a 10-key and I bought this computer. I like the computer but the "zero" is small on the 10-key. I thought I could live with this and I can't! It is a nightmare trying to use it. I am continually having to correct my entries. I am giving this laptop to my daughter and buying a different one. So far I am looking at buying an HP Probook 650. If Asus would fix the 10-key it would be an okay computer.

- Collapse -
Answer
15.4 inch laptop with numeric pad

so far, I have seen some asus ROG 15.4 inch laptops with a discrete number pad and many MSI 15.4 inch laptops with discrete number pads

- Collapse -
Answer
10Key

Hi Andrew,

I too am searching for the same. I purchased a Lenova Flex4 during Christmas at Costco for around $950. Weighs in around 4.75 lbs, 10key works, 512SSD, 16 GB ram touch screen with 360 degree flip monitor. I had to reassign the Shift Key to the up arrow. I wanted a 1TB SSD drive with 4K resolution. This is the lightest weight laptop I've found so far. I don't know why it is so difficult for Lenova to fix this issue with the keyboard and add the option of 10key pad. Here is a link. https://www.costco.com/laptops.html?refine=30113+750430
Mos other 2-in-1's with the memory I wanted were heavier. If HP Spector or Lenova Yoga 910 made a larger one with a 10key and memory features I would definitely buy it. Happy searching.

Carol

- Collapse -
Answer
Your going to have to give a little

on portability. It's hard to fit a keypad on a laptop screen less than 15". So your either going to get a 15" or bigger of use an external keypad to a more portable laptop (screen > 15)

CNET Forums

Forum Info