I have learned the following while living in the
Southern part of the USA.
1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their
feet in the air
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live
in South plus a couple no one's seen before.
7. If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls, it bites.
8. Onced and twiced are words.
9. It is not a shopping cart; it is a buggy.
10. Fire ants consider your flesh as a picnic.
11. People actually grow and eat okra.
12. Fixinto is one word.
13. There is no such thing as "lunch". There is only
dinner and then there is supper.
14. Ice tea is appropriate for all meals and you start
drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea
with our sugar!
15. Backards and for'ards means "I know everything
16. Jeet? is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
17. You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't
matter what time it is. You work until you' re done or
it's too dark to see.
18. You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?