General discussion

More negative medical evidence against having abortions

Abortions can lead to pre-term births later

For some reason, women who use abortion as a birth control measure until wanting to conceive run a much higher risk that the children they want will not be carried to full term. That risk increases considerably for those who have multiple abortions.

Messing with mom nature's ways is not a wise thing to do.
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: More negative medical evidence against having abortions
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: More negative medical evidence against having abortions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Wonder if there were any correlation

with the age of the mother?

Seems, if there were multiplel abortions before a live birth, the mother would be older.

Diana

- Collapse -
It's a difficult read but the discussion section

outlines the steps taken to assure a high degree of confidence in the study. There is one interesting possibility I saw and that was whether or not endometrial damage occurred from the instruments used. Infection from abortion was another possible reason. It may be that certain types of trauma are more severe with abortions versus natural birth. I'm not surprised. It's not considered to be a gentle procedure.

- Collapse -
It is an internal medical procedure

If you perform any such procedure too many times, you're risking internal damage. I bet if you have too many enemas you're putting your colon at risk.

Most reasonable pro-choice people would like to see a big reduction in the number of women who use abortion as a means of birth control. I don't have stats but my feeling is that better sex education would help bring those numbers down.

- Collapse -
I don't think your colon would be at risk

because of the enemas as much as because of the reason you needed them so often. The choice of tools might be an issue. You should probably avoid using a drain auger.

I have doubts that women will suddenly change their minds about having abortions due to findings of the study but they might consider informing their OB/GYN of past abortions when they want to start having children. As the study mentioned, these tend to go unreported.

CNET Forums