HolidayBuyer's Guide

Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

More iPods in the works? Maybe a Beatle iPod? I think so.

by tleMega / September 23, 2007 3:09 AM PDT

Okay. As you all know, my username is BeatleMegaFan, so you probably want to assume that I am a big fan.

Being such a big fan, I happen to know a few rumors about a "Beatle iPod". Plus, recent evidence gives some truth to this big rumor.
Many articles I have found on Google are dated from '06, and one of them states that a Beatle iPod already came out with the entire catalog on the iTMS! This is of course false, and the date was April Fool's. Then it had a link to Wiki April Fool's site, proving it was just a rumor. Furthermore, last year was the big trial of Apple and Apple Corps., in which case Apple Corps. lost. It wasn't until this past February that the two had reached an agreement.

What does this info mean? It mean that a Beatles iPod with the catalog is overdue, that it is upcoming in the future since the two "Apples" have made up, and many people are requesting it, or so it would seem. Now here's what gives this more truth:

Here on Gizmodo,
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/poll/the-ipod-nano-mock+up-updated-oh-noes-probably-is-real-292295.php

you see the leaked photos of the new Nano. It has the recent Love compilation remastered by Sir George Martin and Giles Martin. Then, when the iPhone was first show by Steve, it had Beatles music on it. Now, more recently, the last Apple US conference which updated the iPod line, was entitled "The Beat Goes On". This was the title of the last Beatles press conference. And at the unveiling of the Touch, he wanders over to a John Lennon album in Cover Flow, but he is already available on the Store.
He also shows the Love album and the same John Lennon album in Cover Flow.

In some way, Steve is hinting at an agreement with Apple Corps. and the unveiling of a Beatle catalog and iPod like that of the U2 agreement.

Sorry for the long post by the way. Who else has ideas on this? Or am I just a wishful over-obsessed fan? Post your thought here.

-BMF

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: More iPods in the works? Maybe a Beatle iPod? I think so.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: More iPods in the works? Maybe a Beatle iPod? I think so.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I like it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 25, 2007 1:21 AM PDT

This may be a loaded (front end or back end?) question but who sold more titles? U2 or Beatles?

Bob

Collapse -
I actually hope they make it but
by tleMega / September 25, 2007 8:10 AM PDT
In reply to: I like it.

I don't like the catalog for sale idea on iTunes. It's much more fun to pull out the old albums and listen to the original quality, which is superb, and enjoy. Even the occasional CD is good too. But I feel that by putting the last major hold-out from the iTMS on iTunes robs The Beatles of some greatness. Now, you don't need a record player or a CD, you just need a mouse and a finger.

That justs bugs me. Of course some are thrilled to have this option considered, but surely they already have the music to The Beatles if they love them... Right? Who calls himself a rock fan or musician and hasn't? A lot of people, but that's not the point, LOL.

But this is what it comes to:
A Beatle iPod, which is great and would actually sell rather than the U2 iPods,
And the Complete Beatles Catalog, which for some of us, AHEM, have already because we are dedicated fans.

But as long as everyone's happy.
-BMF

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.