Speakeasy forum

General discussion

More damned flip-flopping

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: More damned flip-flopping
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: More damned flip-flopping
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: More damned flip-flopping

In reply to: More damned flip-flopping

Well, a few of those are probably better described as cases of him giving in to pressure but then trying to spin it as if he'd wanted to (let Rice testify/appoint a 9/11 commission, etc.) all along.

But don't publicize this stuff too loudly. Some folks don't want to believe it happens.

Collapse -
Re: More damned flip-flopping -- As for SS benefits...

Collapse -
As for SS benefits.....ummm, possible generatable income

In reply to: Re: More damned flip-flopping -- As for SS benefits...

>>>>Neither President Bush (news - web sites) nor Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) has offered a detailed prescription for bringing sufficient money into the program.

Bush favors giving younger workers the option of putting part of their payroll tax into personal retirement accounts, in return for smaller Social Security benefits, or staying with the Social Security system.

Kerry opposes that plan for partial privatization. He says the way to strengthen Social Security is to "grow the economy, create jobs and increase revenues into the program." >>>>

would be to force our REPRESENTATIVES TO NO LONGER OPT OUT AND MAKE THEM PAY, TOO??????????????????

TONI

Collapse -
Shucks, I've been hearing since the 70's SS would be dead

In reply to: Re: More damned flip-flopping -- As for SS benefits...

before I got old enough to collect it it.

So why act surprised now? I've suspected I'd never collect even what I paid in over the years since I started to work.

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
The older you get the worse it gets. :-)

In reply to: Shucks, I've been hearing since the 70's SS would be dead

FAQ about Social Security

Q. I'm 35 years old. If nothing is done to improve Social Security, what can I expect to receive in retirement benefits from the program?

A. Unless changes are made, at age 73 your scheduled benefits could be reduced by 27 percent and could continue to be reduced every year thereafter from presently scheduled levels.

http://www.ssa.gov/qa.htm

Collapse -
Re: The older you get the worse it gets. :-)

In reply to: The older you get the worse it gets. :-)

Which is why even in the 70's we were being warned not to believe in SS, except for disability perhaps.

Shrug, I've been advised most of my life to regard SS tax as just tax and forget about it like a bad loan.

Of course, when we're young, we think there is forever before we have to plan being old.

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Have you noticed Kerry lately?

Sometimes he flip-flops in one sentence. Bush doesn't hold a candle to him.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.