Speakeasy forum

General discussion

More bicycling

I've been spending a lot of my free time training for the Tour to Tanglewood, a fund raising event for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Our team is trying hard to train as a group, but we are not always successful. We finally did get most of the team together for a 40 mile ride today. It took 3 hours of riding time, and a bit over 4 hours total time, but we made it.

The forecast was for thunderstorms, but it turned out to be a splendid day for cycling. It was overcast, not too hot, not much wind, and no rain at all until this evening. I went through 3 quarts of Gatorade. Maybe I should buy stock in the company.

I'm beginning to think I may actually make it through the 50 mile first day of the Tour next month (3 weeks from today!) but getting up and going 40 more miles the next day is going to be hard. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: More bicycling
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: More bicycling
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: More bicycling

In reply to: More bicycling

Sounding goodHappy You are more positive about being able to do it than when you first told us what you had signed on forHappy Good Luck!
Glenda

Collapse -
Thanks. I am feeling a bit more optimistic ...

In reply to: Re: More bicycling

I've done 40 mile rides twice now, and both times I felt like I still had enough energy to go further, so I'm beginning to believe 50 is achievable. That is quite a contrast with the first ride of the summer, a 'mere' 14 miles that just about did me in.

Collapse -
Keep it up:)

In reply to: Thanks. I am feeling a bit more optimistic ...

You're doing goodHappy I couldn't ride a tryke around the house!! I am impressedHappy
Glenda

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.