Desktops forum

Resolved Question

Monitor screen saids check video cable?

Hello, I recently removed all the plugs and cables from the computer and moved it to another room but when I plugged all the cables and open the monitor, it said check video cable. The cable is secured in but it's still saying the same thing. Can anyone help? Thanks

Natusuki has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Monitor screen saids check video cable?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Monitor screen saids check video cable?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Natusuki

Collapse -
Link, comment.

In reply to: Monitor screen saids check video cable?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4081965 has setup guides so double check your work.

You write "open the monitor" but nothing about turning on the PC. I know a couple that used their PC for years and one day they couldn't get it to work. Turns out they were turning on and off the monitor but were surprised to learn that the tower had an on button too.

Keep writing.
Bob
Collapse -
The power button

In reply to: Link, comment.

Well first I turn on the power button, the desktop makes its regular noise and the fans are working fine. Then I turn on my monitor but it's said no video cable. I'll check out the setup guides thanks

Collapse -
FIXED! <3

In reply to: The power button

Ty bob, the setup guild fixed the problem. Thank you so much Happy

Collapse -
Good to read.

In reply to: FIXED! <3

Sorry that I could not guess what it was. I was using the usual.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Rarely.

In reply to: Monitor screen saids check video cable?

Looking at the clues you may want to try the other video port on the desktop and tell more.
Bob

Collapse -
Confused

In reply to: Rarely.

What do you mean the other video port? Would the model of the computer help?

Collapse -
Given the slim details.

In reply to: Confused

I tossed out a common problem. I'll work with whatever details folk will share. I know that many don't want all this detail on the internet and will work with what folk will share. But if there is this little detail I fear the shop is next.
Bob

Collapse -
Details

In reply to: Given the slim details.

The computer is a Pavilion p6204y Special Edition PC I can't find the model of the monitor. If you need any more details ask me.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.