PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Monitor has grey lines

My monitor has shadows (grey lines) running across the screen that has any icons, text, etc. on the screen. If I open a blank Word document it is fine, until I start typing, then the grey lines appear on any of the lines that has text typed on it.
I hooked my monitor up to another computer and the monitor is fine. It seems like it's something in my CPU. I am running ME................any help is appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Monitor has grey lines
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Monitor has grey lines
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Things to try.

In reply to: Monitor has grey lines

1. If PCI video card, be sure it's properly seated.
2. Check and adjust display settings in Control Panel.
3. Check Mfg. site for updated video driver.

Collapse -
Also is the driver for the

In reply to: Re: Things to try.

monitor being used or is it simply PNP type monitor?

Also what refresh rate is being used?? Try some other values. You may be using a refresh rate that the monitor doesn't support.

Monitors do not support all combinations of resolutions and refresh rates. Can cause some video problems.

Collapse -
Sorry for the re-post

In reply to: Also is the driver for the

Cindy, I responded to you in another string, not realizing you had your own request in. Since you asked there, I responded there. Please try there for some more possibilities.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.