HolidayBuyer's Guide

Desktops forum

Question

monitor hangs at windows logo pc doesn't?

by BIGMG12 / August 10, 2011 3:45 AM PDT

so i bought a new gpu radeon 6870 vapor x all seems fine it boots up till it hangs at the windows logo i can hear my pc is booting normally through my speakers. also i can start through safe mode and get in my bios screen so whats up with this card. it boots fine with my old ati 3850 hd card. sorry for my crappy english I'm dutch

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: monitor hangs at windows logo pc doesn't?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: monitor hangs at windows logo pc doesn't?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I've seen this happen.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 10, 2011 3:53 AM PDT

The machine had more than one video connection and I move the video cord to the display to the other video output port and there it was!
Bob

Collapse -
new problem
by BIGMG12 / August 10, 2011 9:23 PM PDT
In reply to: I've seen this happen.

ok now i've fixed that but everytime i get on my desktop it just goes nuts like icons vanish mouse wil not move black sqaures no background. after a minute or so this happens. what does this mean how do i solve it

Collapse -
Tell the forum how you fixed the first issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 11, 2011 2:20 AM PDT
In reply to: new problem

As to the odd new icon issue, it's either a machine in need of repair or malware. I can't give one idea an edge so let's go get the malware out of the way with advice from Grif at 7726-6132_102-5098912.html?tag=posts;msg5099421
Bob

Collapse -
not the problem
by BIGMG12 / August 11, 2011 5:05 AM PDT

i am on the same computer with my older card and there is no problem with this one and the pc runs fine. could you explain how i correctly can install a new gpu with pci express en two psu slots. because i think its something with my driver.

Collapse -
Since the old card is working that's a sign.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 11, 2011 5:22 AM PDT
In reply to: not the problem
Collapse -
so it's about the drivers you think?
by BIGMG12 / August 11, 2011 6:51 AM PDT

well how i got it kinda working lst time was that i deinstaled al my excisting drivers of this card what had no problems with that and then installed the new drivers for my new card and then it worked kind of half so ill take a look at this. also could it be that it is because i got an intel cpu an asrock motherboard and my new gpu is an amd sapphire?

Collapse -
It's likely to be a driver issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 11, 2011 6:57 AM PDT

But there is that OTHER area I encounter a lot. Tell more about the POWER SUPPLY. Be precise.

Supply a link to the power supply so I can check out Amperes or just supply the full set of numbers from the side panel of the PSU.
Bob

Collapse -
No problem anymore!
by BIGMG12 / August 12, 2011 3:37 AM PDT

i just sold the thing so im gonna buy a new one thanks for the help though. what gpu do you guys say i should buy i was thinking about an nvidia around the 100 to 150 maybe a sli thats as good. my power suply is a 700 watt OCZ brand new max power 85% btw. ples tell me good card cuz i dont trust getting a rather random card that looks good.

Collapse -
There is a list I use. Here's the link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 12, 2011 3:40 AM PDT
In reply to: No problem anymore!
Collapse -
Got it
by BIGMG12 / August 12, 2011 4:34 AM PDT

ok so i want to buy the asus gtx 560 but should i take the tdi or the normal one?

Collapse -
correction
by BIGMG12 / August 12, 2011 5:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Got it

ti i want to play pretty heavy games with it crysis metro etc also wanna play skyrim on release so what do you think

Collapse -
TDI vs. Normal.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 12, 2011 5:57 AM PDT
In reply to: correction

Check the ratings, reviews, benchmarks and our wallets to make that choice.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.