Resolved Question

monitor changes resolution automatically

My LCD montior changes the resolution every hour for 60 seconds. I have it set at the recommended resolution and every hour it automatically decreases the resolution and enlarges the screen for 60 seconds and then returns to the correct setting. I am running Vista . We have replaced the video driver and it still does it. All the setting seem correct. Any clues how to get it to stop?

Discussion is locked
Batbug1 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: monitor changes resolution automatically
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: monitor changes resolution automatically
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Monitor

Are you running a standalone Vid card or just using the onboard? You also didn't mention what manufacturer the monitor is and whether it has auto settings options. Many, such as myself, use standalone vid card(s) depending on original system capabilities and to acheive better video functionality overall.

- Collapse -
monitor changes resolution automatically

I am running a single VA2231WM led monitor. A new Gforce8400 card was installed. The monitor does have setting but they appear to be correct 1920x1080. My old CRT monitor was put back on and it does the same thing. We also reset the system restore back prior to the new monitor and it didn;t make a difference, so we replaced the card. The monitor is set at 1920 as needed but every hour for 60 seconds the screen enlarges then goes back to 1920 ratio. We do not know why.

CNET Forums