The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Molly...you're being mean!

by Alegoo92 / July 27, 2007 3:31 AM PDT

I'm not going to try to say you didn't have valid points in your rant about Jobs/buttons, but it seemed awfully harsh. I don't think Jobs has an innate fear of buttons, and the shirt button thing was probably a joking truth he mentioned, but you took this small explanation about the design of Apple products and jumped on it!

I think Jobs is just adamantly certain that tech looks sleeker without buttons, and has pushed this ideology in his engineering team. I don't think people need to apologize for Steve, and I don't think he has a phobia.

But you, Molly... took this little tidbit and tore him apart! And enjoyed it! Do you hate Apple that much? Despite their anti-button philosophy, they have the best engineers in the computer industry...

Alex

ps: Tom, good job steering away from the hate rant!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Molly...you're being mean!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Molly...you're being mean!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
and...products that the 'button people' killed..
by Alegoo92 / July 27, 2007 3:45 AM PDT

- Palm Treo 750
- Sharp MP-B300
- Logitech G5 Mouse
- Motorola Q
- Nokia N95
- Harmony 670 remote control
- Many other remote controls
- Multimedia keyboards
- Windows Media Center Remote
- Canon Pixma 500 Printer
- WiiMote
- Nokia NGAGE

The list goes on! Don't let the button people slip by you!

Alex

Collapse -
molly is just being molly :)
by totosquirt / July 27, 2007 8:44 AM PDT

i remember one time there was this "article" that Molly wrote about the mouse buttons on the mac. It wasn't a real article; it was just a buzz comment, but people took it way too seriously Silly

yay molly

Collapse -
ditto. It's just Molly...
by shawnlin / July 27, 2007 9:46 AM PDT

maybe we're just not used to it b/c she was gone for a while...

Collapse -
:-/
by Alegoo92 / July 27, 2007 11:33 AM PDT

I guess.. I thought she was being irrational. But that was only one part of one episode.

Alex

Collapse -
When it does seem irrational...
by shawnlin / July 27, 2007 11:39 AM PDT
In reply to: :-/

I wait to see if she has any disclaimers or clarifying information ...or if Tom encourages her to provide the same info by asking "clarification questions".

--S

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.