The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Molly in NYC again

by grobie / March 12, 2008 7:26 AM PDT

On #677 (Monday), Molly mentioned that she was going to be in NYC again, late next week.

I'm wondering if any of us NYC Buzzfolk could persuade her to do a mini- fan meetup while she's here? Even something as simple as a round of autographs at Starbucks. There are lots of us out here on the East Coast who don't get a chance to meet our favorite web celebs the way Bay Area folk do.

Any others interested in something like this?

Andy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Molly in NYC again
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Molly in NYC again
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Given what she said...
by Slikkster / March 12, 2008 8:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Molly in NYC again

Maybe we should meet her at the Macy's cafe, or Bloomies.

Collapse -
I would totally go
by fordo123 / March 12, 2008 9:34 AM PDT

TOTALLY. That'd be fun! I don't want her autograph or anything (no offense Molly) but I just think it'd be fun to have a BOL meetup, esp if Molly were there.

-Fordo

Collapse -
Hellz yeah...
by Dawgfanclark / March 13, 2008 7:16 AM PDT

I saw on Twitter where Molly and Natali were meeting up with folks in NYC and got jealous.. equally jealous of course!

I am in Atlanta and if any of the BOL crew were in town I would love to meet up for a brew (alky or non-alky) or three. How would it not be cool to shoot the you-know-what with'em??

Collapse -
I think they're meeting on Weds.
by grobie / March 13, 2008 7:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Hellz yeah...

I saw the Twitters about a Wednesday meetup, but I wan't sure if it was intended to be a private group thing, or if they were actually inviting some local BOL fans.

Fordo, what say me and you stop by? I'll buy you a drink.

Andy

Collapse -
I'm In!
by fordo123 / March 13, 2008 10:52 AM PDT

I would love to meet up, Andy - but I dont want to crash a private get-together that they are having. Let's see if we can figure out if it's an open thing or not.

Molly? Are you out there? Can you hear me? No offense at all if your meeting is a private one but if it isnt and you woulndt mind sharing where you guys are meeting up, that'd be great.

Thx!

Fordo

Collapse -
Good point
by grobie / March 13, 2008 1:43 PM PDT
In reply to: I'm In!

Yeah, good point. Wouldn't want to crash a private hang. Let's see if we can find out. And there's no one more capable of finding out than you... after all, didn't Molly refer to you as her BFF on the show? LOI.

I'll keep checking back.

Andy

Collapse -
No come to Florida!!
by PortVista-190953130350169 / March 13, 2008 11:11 AM PDT

Why would you go to NYC when you could come to Ft. Myers Florida?! You could even stay over at my apt -- you'll have to share a couch with my friend who comes over a lot and crashes. Bring a sleeping bag just in case. I'll pick you up at the airport if it's not too early, I like to sleep in. Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner will be hot pockets. I do have a big plasma TV though, broadband, and a pro mic and mixing board so you can podcast from here. Oh and there are like 5 beaches here if you like that kind of thing.

Collapse -
Regarding the Meet-up
by el_gonzote / March 13, 2008 7:20 PM PDT

Hey, guys. I know Fordo, Grobie and a couple of others mentioned interest in joining in on our currently small, private gathering in NYC.

As we work out the logistics such as a venue and number of people expected, I'll post on here if we can open it up. So far I count a possible four other attendees (and one person from Ft Myers, FL, which, oddly enough, is where I hail from) so I really do hope we can meet fellow Buzzers and open it up.

We've got a tentative location, just not a confirmed time or number of people, so I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. I'm as stoked about a meet-up as anyone!

Keep your eyes on this thread for updates! Happy

Collapse -
count me in dudes
by pennyfan87 / March 16, 2008 6:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Regarding the Meet-up

i am so freakin excited

Collapse -
Molly mentioned a "meetup" on today's Ustream BOLcast.
by grobie / March 17, 2008 5:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Regarding the Meet-up

I was watching today's ustream video cast of Buzz Out Loud, and after the podcast wrapped, Molly mentioned that there was a NYC meetup happening on Wednesday night, and that it was being discussed in the forums... I guess that means our little thread?

Collapse -
Still waiting on confirmation, place is tentatively set.
by el_gonzote / March 17, 2008 8:29 AM PDT

Right-o, so we're looking at Puck Fair as the meet-up location. It's located at 298 Lafayette St, this is just south of Houston.

Us fans will have the pleasure of meeting Molly along with Natali Del Conte, the guys from The 404 as well as a couple of the New York reviews editors.

Puck Fair is not huge but is larger than most bars in the area and should be big enough for the 6-7 CNET folks, the three of you that have mentioned going as well as two others I know are attending, bringing the total to just over a dozen of us.

This IS an OPEN event, so all are welcome to come, though I believe it is 21 and up. It's got pretty good food and a wide selection of beverages of every sort.

If there are of you watching this thread that have not posted something indicating that you'd also like to attend, please do so.

I will be calling Puck Fair to ensure that all is squared away and I'm still waiting to get the final green light from The Molly herself, so all this is TENTATIVE.

I suggest those interested throw this thread onto your tracked discussions and you'll get e-mail updates.

Final details will be posted on here shortly! Stay tuned!

I look forward to meeting fellow fans and our esteemed guests!

For more info on Puck Fair, check out Yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/puck-fair-new-york

It's within a stone's throw of the B/D/F/V, the R/W or the 6 trains.

Collapse -
Woo, meetup!

Sorry I've been letting el_gonzote do all the organizing (but he is a born party planner), but definitely, meetup in NYC, Puck Fair, Wednesday night (that's March 19, as in day after tomorrow), 8:30 p.m. Well, I have an email out to the other folks to make sure 8:30 works, and I'll let you know if it changes, but it sounds like a perfectly harmless time to me. Anyway, you, me, Natali, the 404 guys, some New York editors, and black-and-tans galore. I'm super excited!

Collapse -
Puck Fair
by fordo123 / March 17, 2008 12:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Woo, meetup!

...is an awesome bar with a lovely beverage selection. It is one of my favorites. I am definitely in! Thanks for setting this all up, whoever you are!

I must go now to listen to some 404 podcasts so I know who these guys are before Wed night. I didnt listen the one day they hijacked BOL but I heard Randall today and he sounds great - as does his podcast.

Collapse -
Fantastic!
by grobie / March 17, 2008 1:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Puck Fair

Great news. I've been to Puck Fair before, a few years back. Fun place!

How perfect that Natali dC and the 404 guys will be there too. Just became a fan of both shows within the past month.

-Grobie
(Andy)

Collapse -
Count me in!
by TrishMvhl / March 18, 2008 6:48 PM PDT

Yay! I'll swing by - Puck Fair is just a few blocks away from me. There are booths on the main level, with one especially large table in the back. There's also a small area upstairs and yet another downstairs (but that tends to be a bit dark).

We can show Molly in person that the NYC contingent has plenty of gals Happy

I'll be the pasty-white Irish girl with the dark hair (no doubt frizzed out by the forecasted rain...)

TrishMvhl

Collapse -
Holy crap
by GrahamNY / March 19, 2008 2:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Count me in!

Long time BOL fan in Manhattan. I've been out of the loop for a few days and just saw some of Molly's twitters about being in NYC. Then I come here and learn that there's a meet up this very night! Holy crap! I'm in. If there's someone keeping track of numbers, please add one tall Canadian (who becomes a US citizen on Friday).
Graham

Collapse -
Wish I could make it...
by Slikkster / March 19, 2008 3:19 AM PDT

That's almost my bed time (I work early!), so I'll be nestled in Queens. But I'm happy to hear some of the fans will have a chance to meet Molly! Have fun, you guys.

Collapse -
Damn that sounds like you guys had an awesome time!
by chrispcade1 / March 22, 2008 10:15 AM PDT

Why can't we do something like this in san francisco?

Collapse -
=(
by metanoya / March 19, 2008 5:34 AM PDT

Man, 21 and over. Next time can we meet up at like Chuckie cheese's?

Candice

Collapse -
21 and Over?
by fordo123 / March 19, 2008 5:39 AM PDT
In reply to: =(

I think you can still get in if you are under 21. I have never seen a bouncer there. You just cant drink.

Collapse -
sigh
by metanoya / March 19, 2008 7:52 AM PDT
In reply to: 21 and Over?

I wish I could Fordo, no transportation from Jersey tonight. Feel better though!

Candice

Collapse -
50/50
by fordo123 / March 19, 2008 4:05 AM PDT

I am feeling sick today. Not sick as a dog, just regular sick. I may need to show up in my pajamas. Dont know if I can stomach putting on actual constricting clothes today. What I have isn't contagious though so no risk there. I will post to let you know if I am definitley coming or not coming so you have the proper count, though.

Fordo

Collapse -
I'll try to come
by jacobshm / March 19, 2008 6:31 AM PDT
In reply to: 50/50

Sounds awesome, I cant wait. Right now I'm working on a way to make it. Hope I can see you all there.

Collapse -
Hope you can make it!
by grobie / March 19, 2008 8:04 AM PDT

Fordo, we're pulling for you to make it, since you've achieved near-celebrity status on BOL! Hope you're feeling better than when you posted.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting both the CNET folk and the fellow listeners in NYC. It's odd showing up somewhere where you feel like you know people, but no one knows you. Hopefully a pint of Irish lager will help.

See you guys soon-
Andy
("grobie")

Collapse -
Ok - I'm comin'
by fordo123 / March 19, 2008 8:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Hope you can make it!

But I am seriously wearing my pajamas. Or at least the bottoms. It's New York - I could kind of pull it off as a style, dontcha think? Happy

Collapse -
Absolutely!
by jacobshm / March 19, 2008 8:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Ok - I'm comin'

Don't worry, I've seen much weirder stuff in the city. What time do you think you'll show up?

Collapse -
ETA
by fordo123 / March 19, 2008 9:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Absolutely!

I just jumped in the shower and feel MUCH better having done that. But still not great so dont start thinking I'm gonna pull a normal and wear some respectable clothes. Cuz I'm still feeling like it's a pj nite. Happy I will probably get there right at 8 30. Maybe 8 45.

Collapse -
Get well NOW, Fordo!
by el_gonzote / March 19, 2008 8:40 AM PDT

I'd send you a 'get well soon' card, Fordo, but those are bologna. They should make 'get well NOW" cards because I don't want someone to get better over a period of time, I insist on immediate relief of whatever ails someone. Silly (COI)

In any case, I hope you're feeling well enough to come out! Like Andy (Grobie) I look forward to meeting fellow listeners and our wonderful CNET peeps!

Collapse -
How many are coming, el gonzote?
by fordo123 / March 19, 2008 9:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Get well NOW, Fordo!

I hope its ok that a few more have been added. Looks like it will be more than you originally planned.

Also, what is the twitter page that you all have been planning this on? I meant to ask that a few days ago.

See ya soon!

Collapse -
Rain delay
by TrishMvhl / March 19, 2008 9:32 AM PDT

I'll probably get there around 9 pm, but it will be more like a hit-n-run "hi". I'm crunching on a deadline so I won't get to sit down for more than a couple minutes Sad

Trish

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?