Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

moffice.exe

Every time i start the computer I get the message

"moffice.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".Please tell Microsoft about this problem

I'm using Windows XP pro sp3 Internet Explorer 7.00.6000 Office 2002/xp 512mb sd ram

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: moffice.exe
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: moffice.exe
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do a Google on . . .

In reply to: moffice.exe

moffice.exe

Collapse -
Are You Using Motorola Phone Tools To Sync? ?

In reply to: moffice.exe

..or possibly using a Labtech wireless mouse software? You'll need to do a search for that file on your computer and see which program it's associated with...

That error seems to be related to issues with a variety of phones which sync to Microsoft Outlook.. Just some thoughts below:

1. Do you have Service Pack 3 installed for Office 2002? If not, give it a try.

2. Have you checked for updated cell phone syncing software which might be available at the cell phone's website..

3. Which antivirus do you have installed? Tried uninstalling it or temporarily disabling it to see if that's the culprit?

4. If you have a wireless mouse software with which the file is associated with, try uninstalling the software.. Most wireless mice will work fine without it.

5. Or if it's a cell phone issue, have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the current cell phone software.. (A few Windows XP SP3 installations caused issues with a few installed programs.. Occasionally, uninstalling the problem program, then reinstalling it got things going correctly again.)

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Are you using Motorola Phone Tools to Sync ??

In reply to: Are You Using Motorola Phone Tools To Sync? ?

No I'm not using Motorola Phone Tools to Sync (?)
1 I have Service Pack 3 installed
2 I have removed (Nokia) software alltogether
3 Have BitDefender anti virus installed
4 No wireless mouse software installed
5 See above
I'm also recieving at various times " Device Detector. Device Detector has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Send error report. usually I just remove the message and continue.

Collapse -
Re: mofffice.exe

In reply to: Are you using Motorola Phone Tools to Sync ??

That's not a standard Windows program.
It's difficult to tell the source of the problem without knowing what program it is. So can you tell us? Just do a search for moffice.exe on your whole hard disk and tell us the full filename, like c:\program files\nokia software\utilities\moffice.exe

Kees

Collapse -
Re:moffice.exe

In reply to: Re: mofffice.exe

Sorry, should have read msoffice.exe but the message could apply to any other software I was using. As stated I have removed all Nokia software and still recieve the "messages"

Collapse -
Re: msofice.exe

In reply to: Re:moffice.exe

http://www.file.net/process/msoffice.exe.html says it's a toolbar program for MS Office 2000 or 2002 (=XP). I've got Office 2003 here and no such program. Or it is malware, depending on the location and filesize. Since you didn't tell those details (even when I asked for the full filename), I can't tell. Only you can.

Anyway, if you can do without it, do Start>Run>msconfig, go to the startup tab and uncheck it. If doesn't run at boot, it probably won't give errors anymore.

Kees
Collapse -
Re: msofice.exe

In reply to: Re: msofice.exe

Startup moffice C:\Program Files\Labtec\Mouse\2.1\Moffice.exe. I have unticked same which has removed the problem.Also i removed Device Detector from my photo editor ACDsee which has stopped the other annoying message.
Thanks for the help

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.