Speakeasy forum

General discussion

mods email

can you make a post with all and lock it and then we can email with mod alerts?

as it is now have to hunt for same

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: mods email
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: mods email
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mine is in my profile

In reply to: mods email

However, the rest of them prefer you use the yahoo email address for them.....I can understand why. I have the luxury of ignoring emails that come through my profile if I choose to. I don't normally use the yahoo account just because I detest webmail pretty much, and yet, ironically Outlook and Outlook Express may be looking at disappearing sometime in the future and webmail will be all anybody will have because it's faster than POP3 email. Then it will be left up to some stupid ISP out there handling the webmail accounts to decide for you what's spam and what attachments you can get and what you can use your email accounts for. Lovely....as it is, anything I send to Derek and Heather as an attachment via Hotmail (if it's an .exe file) gets removed from the email so I have to zip it now to send it. What a PITA.

semods4@yahoo.com

TONI

Collapse -
My sister's ISP from Ohio

In reply to: Mine is in my profile

does the same thing with her email from me. I have to zip up files to her, and I also can't send a link from a website using the IE toolbar anymore. I have to copy and paste it right into the message or they block it as an attachment.

TONI

Collapse -
SE mods email

Collapse -
There's no way to lock it at the top, Mark.

That's why we have to "bump" Lee's message up occasionally, rather than having it permanently on top, as some "bulletin board" software allows.

But most of the Moderators use a signature that contains it, like mine below, so it shouldn't be all that hard to find -- plus I'm sure your e-mail has an address book!

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
you can do what they do in

In reply to: There's no way to lock it at the top, Mark.

V%S they lock it and bump it up

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.