is already up and running if both the wired PC and the wireless one can access the internet. The rest is:
1) Workgroup name the same
2) File and Print sharing enabled
3) Firewalls disabled until the network is established
4) Some folders are set to be shared.
5) Additional PCs can be added wirelessly or wired with a switch.
Scanners do not usually share.
I have set up a shared wireless Internet Connection between my 2 computers and can't figure out what I exactly need to share files, printer/scanner. Here are the facts:
1. My DSL modem is ALSO a router, with only 1 Ethernet port. It's this one:
2 My main computer is a PC with Windows 98SE, and I installed a PCI card + cable to be able to hook it up to the modem.
3. My other computer is a notebook Windows XP.
The internert wireless connection works great.
So how do I go about setting up a home network? Get a small router with 4 ports, and hook it up to the modem, scanner, printer?
Any advice is HIGHLY appreciated !!