Start a New Discussion

NETGEAR Extenders Community
Welcome to the NETGEAR Extenders Community

Build a Nighthawk Mesh Network Extend My WiFi

lmba
lmba Aspirant Aspirant
‎2019-10-11 05:24 AM
cloned extender causes connection problems
so I purchased the above product about a year ago (11.5 months to be precise) and set it up to clone the existing router.
the thought was, from what was explained to me, that this way the connected device wouldnt necessarily have to switch access points, but the existing signal would just get extended.
about 6 months in, we started to have Wifi connection issues. On whim, I disconnected the extender. connections havent had an issue then.

This leads me to the conclusion that the problem lies with the ex8000.
I did a factory reset, then the same thing a few days/week later!

Question is, how do I isolate and troubleshoot the ex8000 since it is now cloned to the router

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extend
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extend
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Opps
Jan 11, 2020 6:08PM PST

I copy and pasted the whole thing as you can see!

- Collapse -
I think your post at Netgear
Jan 12, 2020 10:58PM PST

Was the right place for this.

If the maker's forum and support fails, return the gear so you can find other solutions.

- Collapse -
It's been 2monts
Jan 13, 2020 11:04AM PST

and no response yet!

- Collapse -
Then that's the message.
Jan 13, 2020 11:16AM PST

What message?

There is no support there or the product is dysfunctional and no one will go near it. Pack it up and go for refund. Get something else.

- Collapse -
yeah, thats crazy
Jan 13, 2020 11:20AM PST

Netgear is not exactly some small outfit, and the thing cost almost 200$. You would think it'd be better. SMH.
never getting anything NetGear again!

- Collapse -
Let me write this.
Jan 13, 2020 11:34AM PST

At the office and home we never take on or offer range extenders. They've proven to be hit or miss and even if they work they often require attention later on.

The reviews at https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-EX8000/dp/B074F3M2W8 seem to be a repeat of your post above.

Our ideas about how to get WiFi to other areas may not be acceptable as we deploy Access Points. These can be wired or over powerline to the WAP but extending via WiFi to produce WiFi at the other end? We leave that to a full on Mesh WiFi system.

CNET Forums

Forum Info