Computer Help forum

General discussion

mobsync.exe and wmplayer.exe

by rapheek / August 30, 2008 4:03 AM PDT

Hi,

Does anybody have this problem of mobsync.exe and wmplayer.exe running? Everytime I stop them from the Windows Task Manager, they come back and this is driving me crazy. Any registry tweak?

These 2 services are not in Services.msc or MSConfig

Thanks

Two more running at reboot: ehmsas.exe and ehtray.exe (I'd like to stop them from running too).

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: mobsync.exe and wmplayer.exe
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: mobsync.exe and wmplayer.exe
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try simple first.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 30, 2008 4:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
mobsync.exe
by rapheek / August 30, 2008 6:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Try simple first.

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I already checked that website before my post. It works for 2000, maybe for XP, but definitely not for Vista because I tried.

Collapse -
Who said Vista?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 30, 2008 6:28 AM PDT
In reply to: mobsync.exe

Sorry. You may want to post little details like that.

Collapse -
basilirwin, Your Post Was Removed..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 16, 2008 11:56 AM PDT

Referring users to your own personal website and soliciting products or services with which the poster is affiliated is against forum policies and is considered advertising.. The basic intent of a forum is to post solutions that all can see and work with and keep it HERE on the forum.

Future solicitations of this type will be deleted on sight.

Thank you for considering our forum policies.

Grif

Collapse -
How do I make free tools available then?
by basilirwin / October 17, 2008 1:07 PM PDT

I referred only to a page with free tool downloads and descriptions of how to use them. The page contained no adverts or promotions; just straightforward information about the problem and the links to download the tools.

I had to put the tools somewhere so that they can be downloaded. How do you suggest I make these free tools available in such a way that meets these guidelines?

The policy states:

"Posting advertisements

This is a forum of ideas, so advertisements are not allowed in this venue. A member may answer another member's question about their occupation or business, however, blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited. This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited. Pyramid schemes --chain letters that involve money-- are not only prohibited by CNET standards, but they're also illegal. It is permissible for members to mention services or products that are provided by them or the companies with which they are affiliated, as long as the information is germane to the topic, is not a blatant advertisement, and the members mention their affiliation with the company in the content of the message."

I don't see how my link violates this policy. The intent is give away free tools. There is no attempt at monetary gain, no services are offered, and no solicitations were made.

Good thing every other site I posted this on was happy for the information. Guess CNET is going to the dogs now that CBS bought them, huh?

Guess I won't bother posting here any more. Give a moderator a litte power and he/she becomes a little Nazi.

Collapse -
Try getting them on major download sites.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 18, 2008 12:31 AM PDT

Another thing that upsets new authors is that posts to small sites are often removed per the rules and also for safety. You can imagine why when you find people posting links that would install the 2008 Antivirus PLAGUE.

Then we have the name calling issue. You gained no points with that and showed a side that you need to keep locked away.

-> Try download.com, majorgeeks.com and such to get your stuff out there.
Bob

Collapse -
Good suggestion
by basilirwin / October 18, 2008 1:18 AM PDT

If you had bothered to read the whole page I posted, I suggested that people use 7zip to peer into the wrapped programs to assure themselves nothing bad was there, as well as suggesting, and posting links to, both AntiVir and Malwarebytes for excellent free scanners, as I am totally aware of the plague of really nasty malware right now. I deal with this evil software every day now; it's bad enough to suggest people just buy Apples and be done with it.

Basil.

However, the suggestion regarding majorgeeks and download.com are good.

Thanks, Basil Irwin.

Collapse -
No bother at all.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 18, 2008 1:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Good suggestion

I'm going to end this with a lock.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?