Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Mobicube or Creative zen vision m

by ledzepp / January 17, 2006 11:41 AM PST

I know completly different. But i only have 2gb of music,but i want a good player. I think i want video and have enough dvds for it but would i use it alot? Theres also the tv out feature which i love so far.I need to know if the zen is pockatable and how big it is. As for the cube its small and feature packed for its price. Help me out here.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mobicube or Creative zen vision m
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mobicube or Creative zen vision m
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hello?
by ledzepp / January 19, 2006 3:48 AM PST
Collapse -
Sandisk e200
by x Trooper x / January 20, 2006 1:15 PM PST

Wait for this one to come out at the end of march. I was trying to decide between the Zen Vision: M (feature filled yet big and clunky) or Ipod Nano (basic device but perfectly small). I have finally decided to wait on the Sansa e200. Why you ask? Well it's as small the Nano, it's a flash based player with 6GB of memory with an MicroSD expansion slot for even more, and a removable lithium ion battery. The back is also made out of a titanium alloy for durability. It's got all the features, FM Radio with FM Recording, Photo/Slideshow viewing, and also VIDEO. Yup video! Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Hope this helps!

Collapse -
Yea....i've heard of it.
by ledzepp / January 21, 2006 1:15 AM PST
In reply to: Sandisk e200

But alas...in order to make money for my zen vision m which i was sure of getting (back then) i sold both my players. but now i have 460$ yay. But no music. I kinda feel dumb now.

As for the player. HOw could i watch video on a 1.5 inch screen?

Collapse -
Congrats
by Glorybox3737 / January 21, 2006 3:10 AM PST
In reply to: Sandisk e200

Happy you found the perfect player for you Happy When you get be sure to write a review about it. I'd love to hear how it works.

Collapse -
I've waited a long time for a player like this.
by x Trooper x / January 21, 2006 3:35 AM PST
In reply to: Congrats

I've read reviews on SOOO many players from A-Z (Apple to Zen) and this one looks great. As for video on this player I wouldn't be using it much because next year I'll be getting a car therefore it would serve no use for me since I won't be taking the bus anymore, and watching videos and driving is just plain dangerous. I also have a portable DVD player which I could take on long trips along with a laptop I hope to be getting next year in time for college. It's all about how much you're going to be using the feature, in this case I'm going to substitute video playback for portability. The screen isn't really big, but it isn't small either so watching video is possible but could strain your eyes from constant use. Also according to SanDisk the Sansa e200 has 128 hours of battery life for the 6GB model!

If I may ask what's your age? And what are you primarily going to be using the player for?

Collapse -
Stuff
by ledzepp / January 21, 2006 4:40 AM PST

I'm 16. As for what i'll be using it for...thats what is making my decision so hard. I have 2.5ish gb of music. ALthough it's constantly growing i don't know if 30gb is worth it. Also video,i'm confused about i mean i know i would use it,but is it needed? Also the plugging it into the t.v feature i really like.(Zen Vision) But,a flash player would be nice seeing as i run alot for XC and track.
Summary
-Is video needed?
-flash is good for running
-plugging into a tv is awsome
-2.5 gb of music.
-16 years old

also thanks for actually responding to this. nobody else does lol. and 128 hours! that nearly warrants a purchase by itself!

Collapse -
Well...
by x Trooper x / January 21, 2006 5:02 AM PST
In reply to: Stuff

I'm 17 so I can relate. Ask yourself this question: How much am I going to watch videos on this thing? Only you can answer it for yourself since I personally don't know you and your daily routines. Personally I won't be because I will barely be using it. And do you really need a device with a T.V. out feature?

Collapse -
I...don't...know
by ledzepp / January 21, 2006 5:07 AM PST
In reply to: Well...

I guess i wouldn't watch videos that much if at all. That and the tv out feature are gimmicky. Its mostly like this...it would be awsome at a party or if your went on vacation. But its only certain events not all the time. But it is cool so i dunno. The e200 looks amazing,i'd be able to annoy the nano fanboys with it. heh heh. I got back from walmart and found out that they had the cube in store. Eh...yea my mp3 player confused mind,i feel like a nerd lol.

Collapse -
Get the Samsung YP-Z5 or the SanDisk Sansa e200
by x Trooper x / January 21, 2006 5:16 AM PST
In reply to: I...don't...know

Just rent DVDs if you're going to a party and get a portable DVD player (couple hundred bucks) for going on vacation. That's what I'd do! Also if you're going to be training for track or working out a flash player would be nice thing to have also.

Collapse -
True.
by ledzepp / January 21, 2006 5:21 AM PST

I think i just wanted it cause it would be fun to have. I don't actually need it. Besides my mom has a portable dvd player and yea dvd's are better. Thanks for your help though.Now if i can resist the cube for another month....

Collapse -
Your decision.
by x Trooper x / January 21, 2006 5:31 AM PST
In reply to: True.

It all comes down to what you want. As much as I hate it, have patience. I have wanted an mp3 player since September/October time and I have made sure to find a player that suits my needs and that will be worth my money. I've waited this long I might as well wait until March.

Collapse -
Not exactly
by Glorybox3737 / January 22, 2006 2:06 AM PST

It doesn't have 128 hours battery life. It means it can hold 128 hours worth of songs for WMA format and that's only if you put it into 64kbs (which is horrible sound) No ones stated the true battery time, although I heard somewhere it was 20 hours??? Not sure though

Collapse -
Yeah
by x Trooper x / January 22, 2006 1:17 PM PST
In reply to: Not exactly

Yeah either the site posted it wrong (the register) or I looked it wrong.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?