General discussion

mix pc100 with pc133 memory

HP pavilion 7840 trigem-cognac mobo. ME. Calls for pc100 with 512 max. I have 256 pc133 computer recognizes and in my second slot I have 64mb pc100 which is not recognized. I've swapped the memory from one slot to the other with no change. Any suggestions?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: mix pc100 with pc133 memory
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: mix pc100 with pc133 memory
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A question first

Is the 64 meg module recognized when installed by itself? If yes, I must think your BIOS has determined the memory cannot coexit and has only configured the 256 meg when used together.

- Collapse -
Yes it is recognized alone

by itself it is recognized. They want crazy money for memory now. I think I paid around $40 2 years ago for the 256. now the cost has almost doubled where i've priced them. I think its time to start building a system myself. Thanks from westfield, ma

CNET Forums

Forum Info