TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Mitsubishi WD-60735 Shutting Off Every 20-30 Minutes

by zigmondsrh / January 15, 2009 11:16 AM PST

I purchased Mits WD-60735 on 12/26/2008. After about two weeks, the TV suddently shut off by itself and the lamp light came on and was red. According to the manual, I need a new lamp. After two weeks? Really? Had a tech come out today who was confident that replacing the bulb would fix it. After 10 minutes, the set shut off again and the lamp light came up red. Luckily, the tech saw the whole thing. He stated that the fans appeared to all be working. His theory is that something in the power supply is triggering the TV to shut off. If that is the case, why does the lamp light come on red? In any event, they are coming tomorrow to pick up the set and take it to the shop for repair. According to the back of the TV, the set was assembled in December 2008. I have read all the information regarding the many problems with the previous Mits tvs. There seems to be very little about the WD-60735. I have seen some data about the color wheel on the WD-60735. Has anyone seen this before? Is anyone having the same problem I am? If so, did you get your set fixed? If so, how?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mitsubishi WD-60735 Shutting Off Every 20-30 Minutes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mitsubishi WD-60735 Shutting Off Every 20-30 Minutes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tv Shutting down
by magicvan / August 6, 2011 3:38 PM PDT

Did you get your TV fixed? Having same issue and would love to know what it was.
Crawford

Collapse -
Another person found the BAD CAPS issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 7, 2011 1:20 AM PDT

What was not funny was the 50 BAD CAPS to be replaced. Google BAD CAPS for story and pictures about this plague.
Bob

Collapse -
Mitsubishi WD-60735 shutting down
by sissy800800 / February 16, 2012 4:27 AM PST

Don't know if this applys to you but if you have purchased anything but Osram or Philips replacement lamp for your DLP tv then this is probably your problem.. The generic is VERY tempting in this recession but in this case generic is poison to your dlp tv... i have a Mitsubishi 60735 and went thru 2 generic bulbs when my tv kept shutting down on it's own and the lights on front would flash, i could cut it back on for 10 minutes then flicker and shut down again ..well since the bulb was new i thought it may be defective so i got is exchanged for another one ... after all of the post i have seen how much repairs were going to cost on dlp sets no matter what the problem was ..i was ready to chunk the tv out the door when the second lamp was doing the same thing.....!! well a last ditch effort to save my tv before i trashed it or taking it apart to dissect it.. was to buy a brandname lamp ... in my case i purchased a Philips ..it cost twice as much =/ ..i could just return it if it didn't work.. well it was the generic lamps that was causing trouble.. the brandname worked perfectly .. i am just glad the generic lamp didn't do any damage to my TV!!! I have done further research on the generic lamps and realized that the damage it could have done was not worth the money i saved when i purchesed it... Generic is a great deal In some cases (household cleaners, etc..) but in this case GET THE NAME BRAND!!!! the only name brands i know of for these lamps are Philips or Osram/Sylvania.. hope this helps others from this headache. Do your research don't by generic lamp replacements, your DLP set cost to much to risk it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.