HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Mitsubishi HD Receiver HD-4001

by SilverMetal / July 17, 2008 2:44 PM PDT

Does anyone know where to find a replacement for the Mitsubishi HD-4001 Receiver.

I currently own a Mitsubishi LT-3780 HD TV, and am looking for this audio / video receiver to take advantage of the proprietary features that it includes.

I cannot find this anywhere I look, and I am doubtful that an alternative exists.

I hooked up a PS3 to the HDMI port, and the best I can get is 720p/1080i. I'm not complaining about this, but i'd like to have the full 1080p with the receiver. I've looked at Onkyo, Sony, Pioneer, etc. Recievers, but I can't seem to find one with MonitorLink, which is proprietary Mitsubishi technology, I believe.

Any ideas??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mitsubishi HD Receiver HD-4001
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mitsubishi HD Receiver HD-4001
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm having the same problem..................
by freedomrock123 / July 22, 2008 3:26 AM PDT

I've been looking all over for the same box with no luck. I found an old auction online that had one, whoever won it got it for ten bucks. If you have any luck please let me know.

Collapse -
HD-4001 HDTV Reciever/Controller
by tjr980 / May 25, 2009 7:48 AM PDT

I know this is a loooong time since this post was made, but if anyone is looking for a Mitsubishi HD-4001 Receiver/Controller I have one that I can sell, becuase our Mitsubishi tv broke, and we have to box left over.

Collapse -
Mitsubishi HD 4001
by jschartz / June 8, 2009 1:09 AM PDT

Hey there,

...so we have a customer that has this outboard box(hd-4001) connected to his Mitsubishi LT-3780D TV. The outboard box seems to be unresponsive to IR commands now (a power cycle seems to fix the problem for a short period of time, but fails again soon thereafter). We have thought about just replacing the TV due to the unavailibility of the unit, but I just read your thread...Do you still have this HD-4001 box available?

Collapse -
HD 4001
by tjr980 / June 9, 2009 12:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Mitsubishi HD 4001

Yes, we do.. our t.v.'s panel went out a while back and it was too expensive to buy a new panel, so we sold the tv, but kept the box. If you want more info email me at tjriggs at comcast dot net

Collapse -
Purchase
by hotlavey / June 14, 2009 4:49 AM PDT

I would be interested in purchasing the receiver as ours died. Please let me know the cost. Email me at "hotlavey@yahoo.com"

Thanks,

Tom McLean

Collapse -
Mitsubishi HD-4001
by tomwickland / July 18, 2009 2:13 PM PDT

Hi,
- Our HD 4001 media center died recently.
- The TV repair shop said it needed a very expensive circuit board.
- We cannot afford to fix it.

-If you still have your HD-4001 media center, my wife an I would truly appreciate it if you would sell it to us.

Thanks.
Tom Wickland

Collapse -
Mitsubishi HD-4001 reciever
by jtshipley / September 25, 2009 5:44 AM PDT

Hello. I'm looking for one of these as mine jsut went up. Do you still have one for sale?

Collapse -
Mitsubishi HD-4001 receiver
by don996 / October 17, 2009 7:50 AM PDT

I have a Mitsubishi HD-4001 receiver I'll sell. I don't have the remote but I assume you do.

Make me an offer. Shipping will be extra of course.

Don

Collapse -
HD-4001 Receiver
by SilverMetal / October 17, 2009 8:52 AM PDT

Email me at
silvermetal [at] forgingdestiny.com and I'll email you back an offer. That would be awesome! I do have the remote, I just need the unit.

Thanks!

Collapse -
Mitsubishi hd-4001
by don996 / October 17, 2009 1:22 PM PDT
In reply to: HD-4001 Receiver

Silvermetal: I sent you an email. If you don't get it let me know through this site. Don

Collapse -
HD-4001 Reciever / Controller
by trainrider1 / November 24, 2009 5:00 AM PST

I need the HD-4001 reciever / controller weather it works or not so i can take the parts out to fix mine. e-mail me dandk@bellsouth.net

Collapse -
Mits HD-4001 A/V receiver available
by TV-Tech / December 24, 2009 12:29 AM PST

I have recently received a Mitsubishi LT-3780 LCD Flat Panel HDTV monitor with the accompanying HD-4001 A/V receiver. The HD monitor section no longer works, but is available for parts.

The HD-4001 receiver, however, is in perfect working order and is available. If anybody would like to purchase it, pls see my Craigslist listing on http://newhaven.craigslist.org/pho/, dated Dec 23, 2009.

Kindly respond to the Craigslist ad if you are interested
regards,
TV-Tech

Collapse -
Really need your help.
by darkzero80 / February 6, 2010 12:50 PM PST

Hello sir,

I'm really sorry to bother you but I also have a Mitsubishi LT-3780 and my outboard box isn't working at all. I found you by reading this forum on CNET. I was hoping to see if you can tell me if you have any more or if you knew where I could get one? I've searched everywhere with no luck and i'd like to get this TV fully working.

Thank you so very much,
Pedro.

Collapse -
mitsubishi
by don996 / February 6, 2010 11:08 PM PST
In reply to: Really need your help.

I only had the one box and it's been sold.
Sorry. All I can recommend is checking craigslist and similar sites nationwide, secondhand stores, and this site. Good luck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.