It sounds mysterious, especially since
1. The task manager problem and the repeating folder don't seem to be related.
2. pps-files (powerpoint presentations) should be harmless, so either it wasn't a normal pps or it's totally unrelated to both your current problems
3. you talk about 'the folder' without explaining which folder
Things to try:
1. Download MOVEONBOOT (use google to find it) and use it to delete that folder (highest level) on your next boot
2. System restore back to before this unhappy download.
Hope this helps.
The OS is XP Pro, and well, my Task Manager is missing the header, you know where the parts File and Option and Applications and Processes are, well, they are missing. It happened right after I downloaded a file, PPS file. When I tried to delete that file, it wont let me. And the folder kept repeating itself, on and on, the more I click the deeper it goes! Like forever.
Also when I used Norton Anti-virus to scan, it keeps going because the folder kept replecating, so it keep scaning forever.
Helps! Please. Anybody know what is going on?