Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Missing Srrr.exe in WIN XP

by chuikingman / January 9, 2010 7:49 PM PST

I get below error after bootup and login XP .
Window cannot find "C:\documents and settings\chui king man.Chui-0BECB5BAFA\srr.exe" .Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.To search for a file, click the Start button, then click Search.

Where is srr.exe and I cannot find it ???
What is the problem ??Please advice

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Missing Srrr.exe in WIN XP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Missing Srrr.exe in WIN XP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: missing program
by Kees Bakker / January 9, 2010 8:00 PM PST

The problem is that somebody (probably you) told Windows to run the program srrr exe from folder chui king man.Chui-0BECB5BAFA in your profile. And now that program isn't present anymore, so you get an error message. That's all very OK.

The two things you can do:
1. Reinstall that program.
2. Remove that program from the list of programs to be run at startup. The easy way to do that is by unchecking it in the Startup tab of MSCONFIG (start>run>msconfig).

It's not unlikely that it was a malware program that has been removed by your running any antivirus or antimalware program. Then obviously #2 is the thing to do. But, just as well, it could be one of your own favorite program you can't miss. Then #1 is better.
We don't know what programs you're running. You're the only one who knows. And you didn't tell about any antivirus or antimalware. So we can only guess.

Collapse -
missing srr.exe file in win XP home edition
by chuikingman / January 12, 2010 6:37 PM PST
In reply to: Re: missing program

I already check the msconfig and start up tab.
There is no srr.exe file or execute it ..
Please advice if you know ......

Collapse -
If all that happens ...
by Kees Bakker / January 12, 2010 6:52 PM PST

is an error message about a malware program that can't be found, nothing serious is wrong. You can accept the situation, or keep searching until you found it, or do a clean install of the OS.

Collapse -
To eradicate that message ...
by Edward ODaniel / January 13, 2010 5:20 AM PST

follow this link and download the Standalone EXE version of Startup Control Panel -

If you download that to your desktop all you need to do is double click it and then the entry you want to delete or disable is likely either in the HKCU or HKLM tab.

MUCH handier than MSCONFIG.

Collapse -
missing srr.exe file when boot up the win XP home edition
by chuikingman / January 16, 2010 1:05 PM PST

I use the sw you recommend but the error with srr.exe is still
existed .There is no any item related to the srr.exe in searching ...
Please advice if you know the answer

Collapse -
Re: srr.exe
by Kees Bakker / January 16, 2010 10:13 PM PST

Make a note of the Startup settings, then uncheck ALL and reboot. Still getting this message? If not, you can easily find out which entry causes it by gradually checking them again.

Collapse -
Power tools.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2010 11:28 PM PST

I'm going to suggest a power tool here. Go get HIJACKTHIS and don't use it to delete anything but use it's report or log feature and share what it finds here.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?