Question

Missing Schedule.exe

My system doesnt have Schedule.exe or Sched*.exe anywhere. I did a system-wide search and no scheduling files were found. I tried installing additional XP components/accessories but that still didnt include the task scheduler.

I dont know what the best course of action to fix it is. Should I do an XP reinstall - "Repair Damaged OS?" or can I just copy the EXE from the CD? Or otherwise?

I am also concerned that my XP is SP3 and I only have an SP2 install-CD.

Need Help ASAP. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Missing Schedule.exe
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Missing Schedule.exe
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Did you try SFC?

Google SFC /SCANNOW for a refresher course.

But I checked and can't find this to be a standard part of a Microsoft issued Windows XP (no matter which SP.)

Are you thinking about SCHTASKS.EXE that thing?
Bob

- Collapse -
SFC Not Solution (Wrong CD)

I have a PRO CD it wants XP Home, is there any other ways?

- Collapse -
No. Looked into this a bit more.

There is no schedule.exe on the Microsoft issued XP HOME or Pro.

If you could reveal what you are trying to do, maybe SCHTASKS.EXE is what you want, but I would be guessing.

As to the missing CD, that OS seems to need it someday. That's something to put on "things I gotta find" list.
Bob

CNET Forums