1. System Restore to before the problem.
2. Consider that MALWARE and PARASITES that we find with Adware, Spybot, Cwshredder and Housecall may cause this issue, but that's just for removal. Repairs may include...
3. Have your XP CD handy and run SFC /SCANNOW
4. If you find a pest, parasite, virus, worm, don't fix it with just what you know, but research it to see if removal procedures exist. Most are just ejected with the AV, but some disable the AV/Firewall/and the settings you mention, so deeper research is needed.
5. You can't rely on your AV. You need a web based scan to be sure.
OS is Windows XP Home
Problem:When attempting to display the properties sheets for my Local Area Connection (by right clicking Local Area Connection and left clicking Properties) the Properties Sheets are not displayed as they had been previously. Instead, a Windows error report is generated which I have sent to Microsoft without receiving a solution back from them.
Anyone have any ideas as to what has caused my Properties Sheets to not display and how to correct this problem?