General discussion

Missing file cannot rerun windows 98SE either

have a HP Pavilion desktop with windows 98SE, also have Norton Systemworks 2003, which is how I found out the file was missing. Not sure what it is or does but I cannot rerun windows.

C:\Prog Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNet\Installer.exe
I haven't deleted anything so this totally bewilders me. no such file exists in recycle bin.
If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it. thanks so much.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Missing file cannot rerun windows 98SE either
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Missing file cannot rerun windows 98SE either
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: missing file

That's a well known erroneous error messages in Norton Systemworks, as documented in http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2002112512224107
There's no such file missing, in fact. You can safely ignore the message. Ain't that nice?

Apparently, something else is wrong. But just telling us you can't rerun Windows doesn't help at all to get effective help here. In fact, I'm sure that nobody understands what you mean with 'rerun'.
So please tell what you want to do, and what happens, and (important!) what changed since the last time you could do it (whatever it was). An exact error message (without typo's as you made in your post) might be helpful.

Kees

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) new dot net is a bad spy

CNET Forums

Forum Info