Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Missing explosives news conference botched !!!!

Did any of you watch the news cinference from the Pentagon this morning? It was being held to help cover up the loss of tons of very lethal high explosives that nobody can explain where it went. What a botched mess! I would have thought that they would have had the Major briefed better than he was. I'm referring to Major Austin Pearson who was commander of the 24th Ordinance group that was supposed to have removed "SOME" amout of weapons from unsealed bunkers at Al Qaqaa. I say "SOME" because different amounts were stated at different times by Major Pearson and Pentagon Spokesman Larry DiRita. They contradicted themselves and each other several times. This "coverup Major" killed any hope of being believable and helping to dispel the rumors that have been flying for five days when early in the interview said that he could not identify the missing explosives because he had not been trained to do so. So he said that he didn't know if he had hauled any of it out or not. Then to make matters worse he said that they entered OPEN bunkers when they proceeded to inspect and load the ammunition inside. This is critical because the video being shown to the public shows Army troops cutting the seals and locks off with bolt cutters. WRONG BUNKERS, WRONG SOLDIERS at the WRONG TIME and the WRONG VIDEO. Before this missing Major came forward with his new story, Rumsfeld was telling news people that he thought that Sadaam had already removed the explosives before the American troops got there. They (the people responsible for letting these tons of explosives disappear) have talked too much this time. They are contradicting themselves. Nothing new is it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Missing explosives news conference botched !!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Missing explosives news conference botched !!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Missing explosives news conference botched !!!!

In reply to: Missing explosives news conference botched !!!!

Evidently we weren't watching the same live report....I'll look for the transcript somewhere on the net.

TONI

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Missing explosives news conference botched !!!!

Hi, toni.

The tape I saw tonight showed Cheney apparently getting exasperated with how slowly the Major was cutting to the chase and taking over part of the press conference for him -- not exactly the best way to present your case!
-- Dave K.

Collapse -
Thank you, Tony........

In reply to: Here it is,Toni..........

I spent a couple of hours off and on yesterday trying to find a site somewhere that had it and turned up empty handed. I love computers but never have nailed down search engines to get the right results.....and here I sit pondering learning programming as a new project for myself. jeezzz Maybe I'll figure out how to write a search engine program that even people like me who are 'search challenged' can get what they want????

TONI

Collapse -
You didn't tell the whole story. Deception occurs when one

doesn't tell the whole story. The major said that other US forces cut holes through the sides of the bunkers. Gee, I wonder why they didn't go through the doorway (ever hear of booby traps?). The major's troops went in through the holes in the walls. He certainly didn't sound confused or vague to me. He clearly identified the location of the facility, but was reticent about saying 'THIS IS' the HE in question. In other words, they aren't yet positive where the other people were. He knew where he was, and how much explosive he removed. He did not want to make claims that could not be backed up to the hilt. That's integrity. I don't think the modern Democrat party knows what the word means.

You guys will call anyone who shoots down your October surprise a liar. This coming from the party of Bill Clinton who set the standard.

Collapse -
Re: You didn't tell the whole story. Deception occurs when o

In reply to: You didn't tell the whole story. Deception occurs when one

Hey KP. You always post such well thought out and factual posts that I am always entertained by them. As a Republican I know you despise former President Bill Clinton for his assault on your two front-running Republicans at the time but keep in mind that when you are criticizing him you are talking ro an overwhealming majority that preferred him to the availkable Republic opposition. So you might want to change your attack and come in from another direction. By the way, how did you like FDR? But you and I do agree on the fact that former President Bill Clinton did set many standards during his tenure which have not been lived up to since.

Collapse -
Overwhelming majority?

In reply to: Re: You didn't tell the whole story. Deception occurs when o

Clinton did not get a majority of the vote in either of the elections he won. Most voters wanted someone other than Clinton.

He did set standards though, for lying, corruption, etc.

Collapse -
I do agree that Clinton set standards that are no longer

In reply to: Re: You didn't tell the whole story. Deception occurs when o

lived up to, the most obvious being;

White House interns no longer perform fel***io in the President's lap and get sem** stained dresses.

The President no longer discusses war policy while being 'pleasured' by a White House intern.

The President is quite clear on the meaning of 'is'.

The President doesn't refuse to supply the troops with tanks when they request them.

The President doesn't cut and run after troops come under fire.

The President doesn't set his entire agenda based on focus groups and opinion polls.

The President hasn't lost control of the House in mid term elections.

The President has acted responsibly to stimulate the economy when, due to the behaviour of his predecessor, it desperately needed that help.

The President served honorably rather than dodging the draft as a young man. This, plus his leadership, has made him popular with the troops.

The President has responded forcefully to attacks on the US rather than just launch a few cruise missiles into the desert.

The President has not succeeded in getting a special prosecuter named.

The President has not been impeached, and there is no prospect of this happening.

The President has not committed perjury, and there is no prospect of him being prosecuted for that.

The President has not been sued for sexual assault.

Women can be alone with the President without being sexually assaulted in the White House.

The President can not order troops into combat without being criticized by the opposing political party.

The President's wife hasn't made enormous profits in her first attempt at commodity trading.

The President's wife hasn't tried to nationalize health care or cripple the vaccine manufacturers.

I know there's a lot I haven't mentioned, but these strike me as the high points. I do think that Clinton and Bush do have one thing in common. They will both have two terms as President.

FDR? Frankly, I don't think about FDR much. He was too much before my time to think about. Speaking of FDR however, wasn't the country fortunate that he could preside over a nation at war without constant criticism of his war policies by the Republicans? I guess the Republicans understood how much damage partisan politics could do to the country and its war efforts. It's too bad that modern Democrats, with a few notable exceptions, are unwilling to follow that example and sacrifice partisan politics for the good of the country. They have truly led us into a political no man's land.

Collapse -
Some more

In reply to: I do agree that Clinton set standards that are no longer

The President no longer engaged in fund raising 24/7 instead of doing his job.

Lincoln bedroom no longer a Motel 6 for political hacks.

Laura Bush doesn't throw White House china at GW or curse like a sailor.

So far no suspicious "suicides".

Collapse -
and no one frantically stuffing classified documents into

In reply to: Some more

his pockets in the National Archives only to discover sometime later that they had been 'lost'.

JFK and his staff are off to a running start.

Collapse -

Bobby, I too must have been watching another news conference. Because the one I watched was pretty credible. From your verbiage it's clear where you are coming from. I will pray for you tonight so that some of the hate in your heart might be removed so that you too can see the facts more clearly. Try to remember that Bush is not Satan and Kerry is not God, so lighten up and enjoy life.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.