General discussion

missing .dll file

I was given a CD Rom Titled "Microsoft Encarta world atlas". When I tried to install it into my XP sp3 it was stating , couldnt find shrll.dll any suggestions ?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: missing .dll file
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: missing .dll file
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
dll

what I would usually try in that case is to download that missing dll

just google it, download it and put it in your system folder

if you already tried this out, I don't know another solution

- Collapse -
Re: dll

Are you sure about the name: shrll.dll? Or is it shell.dll?
What version of the program: 1998, 2001, 2009 or still another?

Kees

- Collapse -
missing .dll

Thank you for your reply. I spent a considerable time on the internet to try & track the file down with not even a hint of result. I checked the CD & found it was produced in 1998. Maybe that is the reason its so elusive. Yes I did find shell.dll but I dont think its the correct file. Thank you for your advice, I think i'll covert it to a bird scarer .

- Collapse -
That version is likely for Windows 95,98,ME

It may error like that on XP and beyond. Try a version of this product from 2001 and on.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info