Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Missing *button* here

by MarciaB / October 6, 2004 11:56 PM PDT

Is it just me or did we lose a "button"?

I am logged in, and when I go to a thread that I have been reading to check out new posts, the "next unread message" button is missing. "next message" and "previous message" are there. I logged out completely and came back in, and it's still gone Sad

Anyone else seeing this (or not seeing, as the case may be)? I use ie6/SP2.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Missing *button* here
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Missing *button* here
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) All of my buttons are here:))
by Glenda / October 6, 2004 11:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Missing *button* here
Collapse -
Re: Missing *button* here
by Mac McMullen / October 7, 2004 12:02 AM PDT

Maybe there is no next unread in that thread.

All the buttons are here.

Collapse -
Re: Missing *button* here
by MarciaB / October 7, 2004 12:06 AM PDT

Hi, Del,

Nope - I purposefully went to threads that I had already opened before, and were showing the "red dot" marker next to them for new / unread posts, and there was not a "next unread" button for me. Including this thread that I started. When both you and Glenda posted (thanks, BTW) I should have had a "next unread" button, but didn't Sad

I do hate discovering that it really is JUST ME. LOL

Collapse -
Going to try this..........
by MarciaB / October 7, 2004 12:08 AM PDT

.......I am going to clear out my cache, etc., and reboot my machine. Will see if that helps.

Collapse -
IT WORKED!!
by MarciaB / October 7, 2004 12:20 AM PDT

I have my button back Happy

Happy camper now.
Doesn't take much to please me Wink

Collapse -
I had to laugh......
by Glenda / October 7, 2004 12:24 AM PDT
In reply to: IT WORKED!!

when you said it was just you!! LOL That is usually my position:) Welcome to the "Just Me" Club:)
Glenda

Collapse -
It feels like home
by MarciaB / October 7, 2004 12:29 AM PDT
In reply to: I had to laugh......

I fit right in Happy

Thanks, Sue

Collapse -
Re: It feels like home
by Glenda / October 7, 2004 12:50 AM PDT
In reply to: It feels like home

You are very welcome Marcia:)
Sue

Collapse -
Re: IT WORKED!!
by John Robie / October 7, 2004 2:45 AM PDT
In reply to: IT WORKED!!

Hi Marcia,

I'm just now reading this and happy it was a simple solution for you.

I've noticed through the years in the help forums that just rebooting solves a lot of mystery problems. I log on and off these CNet forums several times a day doing other web surfing or just doing a lot of other 'good life' things not connected with the computer. Whenever I leave the PC several times a day I clean out my history, cache, and cookies then reboot. Of course leaving the monitor and processor on for the automatic setting I made to power scheme's to take effect(I do shut down everything every night and restart the next day). The Norton Systems Works (NSW)program makes cleaning out extremely easy with just a click or two, enabling to also not disturb those cookies you previously established not to delete. Bought the 1st NSW on sale around 5 years ago and have each years new version free after rebates.
Am using dialup @ $4.99 per month from a major ISP provider obtained several years ago at a special offer no longer provided, so can save on retirement money to get more TV satellite channels that would normally be spent on DSL or Cable.

Regards,

JR

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?