Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Missing Address Bar, Please help :(

by kegizsftzp / November 21, 2006 1:16 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Missing Address Bar, Please help :(
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Missing Address Bar, Please help :(
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You seem to have applied a new theme to Windows
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 21, 2006 7:23 PM PST

Your first image differs from your 2nd because of different themes. What happens if you revert back to the previous theme?

Also, are you talking about the Address Bar just in Windows Explorer, or have you lost it in Internet Explorer as well?

Mark

Collapse -
Re: Missing Address Bar, Please help :(
by Tufenuf / November 21, 2006 8:09 PM PST

acr45, Right click your Toolbar and unlock it. Now you should see a perforated verticle line to the left of the word "Address". Place your cursor over that perforated verticle line until it changes to a 2 sided arrow then hold your left mouse button down and drag downwards or left or right untill the Address Bar window appears then release the left mouse button. Now you can right click the Toolbar again and lock it.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks Tufenuf, That Worked!
by kegizsftzp / November 22, 2006 1:21 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) acr45, Glad it worked & Thanks for posting back.
by Tufenuf / November 22, 2006 1:58 AM PST
Collapse -
Still missing my tool bar
by mis2ko / November 24, 2006 4:20 AM PST

It got lost when I loaded Norton 2007 and I can't get it back. When I right click on the tool bar, the tool bar is not locked, but the Address bar does not perforated verticle line . I am running Explorer 2006.

Collapse -
Re: Still missing my tool bar
by Tufenuf / November 24, 2006 6:33 AM PST

mis2ko, If the Toolbar is unlocked there should be either a perforated vertical line of a solid line (looks like a handle) to the left of the word Address. Then follow the same instructions as I posted in my previous reply.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
OS Win XP SP2-windows explorer does not have an address bar
by aalope2001 / August 24, 2007 4:04 AM PDT

Hello all,

This problem has completely stumped me and I have finally decided to post the problem because I can not correct this problem with all my experience and even with multiple attempts with google. So here is the problem: Windows Explorer does not have an address bar and I have already restored all file setting to the default settings/moved from classic back to XP mode and back. I have of course checked the locked tool bar and verified the address bar is checked (also check and unchecked multiple times). I have checked IE thinking IE7 might have some control over this setting. I will more than likely reload the system, but wanted to see if there might be a quick fix.

Collapse -
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!
by vbranch08 / August 13, 2008 3:51 AM PDT

I cannot tell you how much you saved me from more grief since yesterday and today. You provided me with the information I needed. I only wish that I had not gone threw signing up for all of the other antispyware site earlier. I know now to take my time when I'm struggling with technical issues.

If I was there with you, I'll give you a BIG kiss!!

Sincerely,

Thank you.

Collapse -
thanks
by abhilashveeyes / July 15, 2009 3:51 PM PDT

thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.