Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Mismanagement by Obama admin injurious to Coast residents

by Mike_Hanks / September 27, 2010 7:18 AM PDT

"Add the Justice Department to the long list of critics of Ken Feinberg's Gulf Coast Claims Facility -- the body that's charged with using BP's $20 billion escrow fund to process loss-of-income claims by Gulf Coast residents against the oil giant.

Feinberg himself admitted as much recently, confessing, "Those critics who say Ken Feinberg raised our expectations and then is not living up to those expectations, they're absolutely right, and I owe them an apology." He added, "I underestimated the time it takes to process that information. It's not as easy as I anticipated."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100927/bs_yblog_upshot/justice-department-slow-pace-of-compensation-for-spill-victims-is-unacceptable

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mismanagement by Obama admin injurious to Coast residents
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mismanagement by Obama admin injurious to Coast residents
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
if Obama walked on the water
by jonah jones / September 27, 2010 11:34 AM PDT

i wager you'd be first to scream "OBAMA CAN'T SWIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

Collapse -
Shoot the messenger...
by EdHannigan / September 27, 2010 9:14 PM PDT

Criticize the person posting but don't address the subject.

Mismanaging a 20 billion dollar fund is hardly "walking on water."

Collapse -
Mismanaging?
by Kees Bakker / September 27, 2010 9:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Shoot the messenger...

Taking the necessary time to review the claims (to be sure only valid claims are honored) seems right-management, not mis-management.

Also, http://www.gulfcoastclaimsfacility.com/faq says they are independent and funded by BP. So what's the role of Obama here?

Maybe they need even more money from BP to pay more staff to do their work faster. Then blame BP for not providing enough resources.

Kees

Collapse -
and based on his reputation
by jonah jones / September 27, 2010 9:50 PM PDT

the right person for the job

Collapse -
Maybe.
by EdHannigan / September 27, 2010 9:59 PM PDT

No problem here, just move along.

Collapse -
i addressed the subject matter
by jonah jones / September 27, 2010 9:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Shoot the messenger...

"of the header "Mismanagement by Obama admin
injurious to Coast residents" of the OP which was not related
in any way to the article it linked to .....

purely for your edifikation ed,
Obama wasn't mentioned in the article

Collapse -
(NT) not mentioned? musta misread the header
by jonah jones / September 27, 2010 9:48 PM PDT
Collapse -
Yes, you did...
by EdHannigan / September 27, 2010 9:58 PM PDT

Obama ADMINISTRATION.

Collapse -
And what did the ...
by Kees Bakker / September 28, 2010 1:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, you did...

Obama administration mismanage? Not clear at all from your post what you think.

Kees

Collapse -
Read the whole thread
by EdHannigan / September 28, 2010 1:19 AM PDT
In reply to: And what did the ...
Collapse -
Re: mismanagement
by Kees Bakker / September 28, 2010 1:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Read the whole thread

1. In post #3 you call it mismanagement. So it seems you agree with the OP.
2. If person A (the administration) finds something that person B (Feinberg) does (that is: managing a fund in a certain way) 'unacceptable', why call this mismanagement by A (the administration)? If it's mismanagement (which can be discussed) it's mismanagement by B.

Kees

Collapse -
Very disingenuous.
by EdHannigan / September 28, 2010 1:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: mismanagement

Person B was appointed by and is working for the Administration, which is NOT a person, but a group of people.

Okay? You can stop now.

Collapse -
did not too!
by jonah jones / September 28, 2010 1:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, you did...

before you go kick sand in someones face, if you read
the article, you would also know that Obama wasn't mentioned
it took the usual Obama-bashing-mob in the 'readers comment'
to do that (the example was followed by the poster of the OP)

have a nice day

Collapse -
Good grief!
by EdHannigan / September 28, 2010 1:46 AM PDT
In reply to: did not too!

As I pointed out, the OP did NOT mention Obama, rather the Obama ADMINISTRATION!

And the story is about a member of the Obama ADMINISTRATION not doing such a great job.

Before you go kick sand in someone's face, think, "You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie." Ring any bells?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?