Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Mirical C compiler and PSPad. (C Programing)

I am useing the Mirical C compiler and the version I have workes good in Vista. I do not like the editor however as it dosen't number the lines so when reports a bog I have to count the lines to debug my program. I like PSPad because it numbers the lines and allows you to use it with compilers. Though there list has a list of some compliers and there extensions Mirical C is not one of them. I do not whant to use Visual C++ as it's become bloated and complecated over the years. Any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mirical C compiler and PSPad. (C Programing)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mirical C compiler and PSPad. (C Programing)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The line number is shown in the toolbar.

In reply to: Mirical C compiler and PSPad. (C Programing)

Very strange. I see it.

Collapse -
Where is the line Numbering?

In reply to: The line number is shown in the toolbar.

Where is the line Numbering in mirical C? How do I activate it?

Collapse -
Again...

In reply to: Where is the line Numbering?

The line and character position is on the toolbar. Since you want to go to some line number why isn't this good enough?

Collapse -
Like it numbered like most programing compilers.

In reply to: Again...

I just like haveing it numbered as it's easer to see and quicker to go to.

Collapse -
I like chococate too.

In reply to: Like it numbered like most programing compilers.

I see no trouble in such a minimal compiler. The line number is easy to spot and if you want Visual C then get used to the cool aid flavor that is freely given out with Visual C Express.

So it's free. Did you notice that?
Bob

Collapse -
Visual C is to bloated.

In reply to: I like chococate too.

Visual C is to bloated. My original question was to get PSPad to work with mirical C and that question has not yet been answered.

Collapse -
Visual Express is free.

In reply to: Visual C is to bloated.

And if you don't like what's out there, go write it yourself.

-> In parting, look up Eclipse.
Bob

PS. Re PSPad. Ask it's author. I'm going with my first answer...

Collapse -
It is already out there.

In reply to: Visual Express is free.

It is already out there. I am whanting to know how to customize PSPad or what other free c/c++ compilers are avalibal Other then the two mentioned.

Collapse -
I'm not familiar with PSPad, but...

In reply to: It is already out there.

Bob already addressed both of those questions...

Q.) I am whanting to know how to customize PSPad
A.) You would have to ask the PSPad developer(s) to add such functionality.\

Q.) what other free c/c++ compilers are avalibal Other then the two mentioned.
A.) Look up Eclipse (or NetBeans for that matter).

John

Collapse -
Not C compilers.

In reply to: I'm not familiar with PSPad, but...

The C compuiler you mentioned is more then just a compiler and is just as bloated as Visual c++. I also have no clue how to compile a simple program in Eclipse as it's so cluttered. Netbeans is java not C as far as I can tell and also looks the same way bloated. I have posted same message on PSPads forum. I just whant a fairely basec one. I did find Dev C++ that I may try. Thank you for your ides and help though.

Collapse -
I even noted that the line counter does exist

In reply to: I'm not familiar with PSPad, but...

In Miracle C's editor...

Collapse -
Code::Block

In reply to: I even noted that the line counter does exist

I am now useing Code::Block that can use the open source C compiler. Mirical C dosen't have lines numbered as I like, one has to look at the top for it rather then the sides so can get to realy fast. Code::Block also can highlight part of the line when debugging as well. So that is what I am useing now.

Collapse -
Looks bloated.

In reply to: Code::Block

Your first compiler was almost 10 times smaller.

What changed?

Collapse -
This one works and had explination on how to use it.

In reply to: Code::Block

This one works and had explination on how to use it.

Collapse -
Notepad++

In reply to: Mirical C compiler and PSPad. (C Programing)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.