Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Minor personal vent

by Rick S / June 5, 2004 2:38 PM PDT

My babies doctor died recently.

It's not like I knew the man well or had much of a personal relationship with the him either.

He was a caring doctor that worked until the last three weeks of his life. He loved my daughter and all the kids that came to see him. He was and older man, at least in his 70s, with a booming voice that came out of a five and a half fot body. He was blunt but always with caring, you could feel underneath he wanted the best for you and your child.

I always told people that it was like going to the doctor in Mayberry. He was old school (for you kids).

He was gruff with a HUGE heart. Emily loved him and so did we.

Reagan's passing brought this back.

Dr. McKee was a good man and will be missed by many.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Minor personal vent
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Minor personal vent
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Minor personal vent
by James Denison / June 5, 2004 3:49 PM PDT
In reply to: Minor personal vent

I used an older doctor for years. He'd escaped as a child from the Nazi's. Very nice person. I remember talking to him about how he and his parent's got out, how they named him Chmiel (spelling?). I asked him what the name meant and he said it was a word for the yeast they make beer with. I remember joking with him, asking if his parents had tried to toss him out with the other yeast at Passover time. He thought it was really funny I had made that connection. A couple years ago I hadn't seen him in almost a year, so when I went back he was no longer there. Retired and left to Florida. Now I see some younger pill pusher in a hurry to pay off his BMW.

Collapse -
by Mary Kay / June 6, 2004 1:37 AM PDT

I think we have all known a few of these people and hopefully, somebody will rememher us fondly, when we're gone

Collapse -
One of my favorite people is 'Doc' Busby.
by Kiddpeat / June 6, 2004 4:20 AM PDT

He's a man of profound wisdom who helped me a lot. Unfortunately, one of his patients accumulated pills from him, a dentist, and perhaps one other source. The pills were taken in a suicide attempt after which the patient decided she didn't want to die. She didn't die, but did sustain physical damage from the effects of the pills. As is par for the course these days, the family sued him and the other doctors. Anticipating a jury sympathetic to the injured woman, the insurance company settled and dropped his insurance. He was forced to shut down his practice, and take a job treating inmates in a prison. What a loss for him and for us. Sad

Collapse -
That IS a shame. nt
by James Denison / June 6, 2004 5:42 AM PDT

nt

Collapse -
by Angeline Booher / June 6, 2004 4:31 AM PDT

Different name, different height (ours was a tall, thin, "bean pole"), but the attitude, big heart, and love of kids is the same as the dear man who took care of our children.

He was ahead of his time. No aspirin for fever (this was in the 50's)/ Parents were to watch for any signs of adverse effects, He watched them walk, and noted their posture. My daughter had a slight sway back, for which he suggested ballet exercises (it worked!) Sick children were isolated from the waiting room. After his examination, he gave the kids either a half stick of gum, or a half stick of Leo's Peppermint.

Your family will always remember Dr. McKee with well deserved fondness. He has left a wonderful legacy.

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.