Camcorders forum

General discussion

Mini DV camcorders

by mriyaz / November 22, 2005 12:13 PM PST

Hi,

I was planning to go for a Panasonic GS 150. (Mini DV) Can I keep my recordings in the mini dv tap itself, without recording onto a dvd ? I am okay in using the camcorder for play back.

What is the life of mini-dv tape and what is the recording time ?.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mini DV camcorders
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mini DV camcorders
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The life is long. I'm not sure any estimates have been
by Kiddpeat / November 22, 2005 1:00 PM PST
In reply to: Mini DV camcorders

made. The standard recording time is 60 minutes. There are tapes that go longer.

Collapse -
Panasonic PVGS 150
by BigEd48 / November 24, 2005 9:51 AM PST
In reply to: Mini DV camcorders

After researching camcorders somewhat, I've focused (excuse the pun) on the GS 150 until yesterday. I want to also be able to convert my VHS analog videotapes to digital and then use Firewire from the camcorder to my computer. BUT the GS150 does NOT have analog video input!! The GS250 does but it is almost $300 more expensive. The only alternative is to buy a ''box'' which converts analog VHS to digital and they cost from around $200-$250 and up. So I guess I'll look around for the best buy on the GS250.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.