Speakeasy forum

General discussion

million dollar baby WTG CLINT EASTWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by jonah jones / February 27, 2005 2:30 PM PST

million dollar actor/director!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: million dollar baby WTG CLINT EASTWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: million dollar baby WTG CLINT EASTWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
director, film, actress, supporting actor!
by jonah jones / February 27, 2005 7:41 PM PST

clint "spaghetti western" eastwood,
million dollar baby,
hilary "boys don't cry" swank,
morgan "shawshank redemption" freeman...

Collapse -
I 'don't get' ...
by Evie / February 27, 2005 8:36 PM PST

... Hillary Swank. Then again, I've never seen Boys Don't Cry or Million Dollar Baby. I only recall some reruns of 90210, utterly forgettable LOL Wink

Evie Happy

Collapse -
go see million dollor baby wow
by Mark5019 / February 27, 2005 9:52 PM PST
In reply to: I 'don't get' ...

i cried its great what a great cast

Collapse -
So I've heard ...
by Evie / February 27, 2005 10:33 PM PST

... I've also heard the ending and prefer to stay away from stuff like this in my "entertainment".

Evie Happy

Collapse -
by duckman / February 27, 2005 10:07 PM PST

Swank was on 90210 ?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and fired from same :-)
by jonah jones / February 27, 2005 10:24 PM PST
In reply to: 90210
Collapse -
Yep ... a relatively minor character
by Evie / February 27, 2005 10:31 PM PST
In reply to: 90210
Hilary Swank Can't say I even recall the plot line or anything about the character -- single mom from outside of the Beverly Hills clique perhaps?? I just remember seeing some random episodes and always wondered how that show pulled off the scam that there were so many "beautiful" people in the cast. Tori Spelling .... blechh!

Aside from her two Oscar performances, I'm not seeing an impressive body of work -- that was similar to the comment one critic made in suggesting how someone that has made so many bad films shouldn't get to win two Oscars in the space of a few years. Not saying she might not be talented, I just don't "get it" (about the looks too, although the bod I can see). Her two Oscar flicks are not genres I tend to seek out in movies.

Evie Happy
Collapse -
Most Academy Awards are for
by Dan McC / February 28, 2005 3:00 AM PST

a single performance, not for a body of work. That's more of a lifetime acheivement kind of thing.

You're missing some great films.

Dan

Collapse -
I realize that ...
by Evie / February 28, 2005 3:29 AM PST

... sheesh! ... however it is a rare career where an actress has amazing performances sprinkled among a body of mediocre (at best) work. I readily admitted that I probably didn't "get" the buzz about her because I haven't seen those performances.

You're missing some great films.

A matter of opinion. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I have read details of Million Dollar Baby. Not my cup of tea.

Collapse -
Rent ''Boys Don't Cry''
by Josh K / February 28, 2005 12:06 AM PST

It's a very powerful film and her performance is incredible. Be warned though -- parts of it are very hard to watch.

Collapse -
She started off in
by TONI H / February 28, 2005 12:20 AM PST

"Karate Kid" (part two or three) if I remember right.

PS...what is wrong with the ending of Million Dollar Baby? I haven't seen it yet so I'm curious.

TONI

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) just assisted suicide
by Mark5019 / February 28, 2005 3:26 AM PST
In reply to: She started off in
Collapse -
As I said to Mark ...
by Evie / February 28, 2005 12:38 AM PST

... I don't like to include "hard to watch" movies in my "entertainment". Just not my cup of tea. As I said, my sampling of her work was limited, so perhaps no wonder I don't "get her".

Evie Happy

Collapse -
What was 'hard to watch'?
by TONI H / February 28, 2005 12:52 AM PST
In reply to: As I said to Mark ...

graphically gorey...?? What?

TONI

Collapse -
I have heard ...
by Evie / February 28, 2005 1:02 AM PST

... the ending is depressing involving euthanasia about which there is some controversy. Not quite the "female Rocky" story it was initially being marketed as. I have heard that the other movie is also not a "feel good movie of the year" type. I don't go for gore, violence, horror or sap. Much as I enjoyed Michael, even with its humorous parts and parallel happy ending, I've still never found myself in the mood to watch it again. Beaches or Steel Magnolias either.

Collapse -
You gotta see it.
by Dan McC / February 28, 2005 2:55 AM PST

It is one of the best films I've ever seen. Way up there with "12 Angry Men" and "On the Waterfront".

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No thanks. Just my preference.
by Evie / February 28, 2005 3:42 AM PST
In reply to: You gotta see it.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?