Mac OS forum

General discussion

Migrating from OUTLOOK 2003 to ENTOURAGE 2004

by andrewvisser / July 8, 2007 4:48 AM PDT

Please help...

I am about to purchase my first mac, having been a PC person all my life.

Currently I use Outlook 2003 extensively. There are an awful lot of emails, callendar entries etc which I must hold onto and be able to access. This is vital.

In migrating to Mac (a move well over due) I am anxious that I can transfere my Outlook files (emails/contacts/callendar etc) into Entourage.

I would have though this would be possible using PST files - however some internet research has led me to beleive this might not be the case.

I have searched for this item in the forums here on cnet and someone came up with the following like...

which I cannot seem to get to bring up anything useful. Do I need to be using my Mac to be able to view this page (I find this unlikley).

Does anyone know how I can efforlessly transfere from Outlook to Entourage? Any help anyone can provide would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks all for your time.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Migrating from OUTLOOK 2003 to ENTOURAGE 2004
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Migrating from OUTLOOK 2003 to ENTOURAGE 2004
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My plan.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 8, 2007 5:05 AM PDT

Is to install Parallels and run my old Outlook there.

Collapse -
RE: My Plan
by andrewvisser / July 8, 2007 5:14 AM PDT
In reply to: My plan.

I find the idea of runing two OS's pointless - for me personally.

I'm really looking for a way to fully migrate.
Thanks for replying though.

Collapse -
Did you see Coherence?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 8, 2007 5:18 AM PDT
In reply to: RE: My Plan

It addressed this neatly. As I wrote, this is my plan which may or may not be your plan.

As to moving such, there are export and imports on both tools but since I don't run the other I can't write how it works. I take it you already know how to export.

Collapse -
RE: Did you see Coherence?
by andrewvisser / July 8, 2007 5:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Did you see Coherence?

Yeah I do know how to export - to PST at least.

Collapse -
There are more types than PST.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 8, 2007 5:49 AM PDT

We also have the option of Outlook for Mac. See and one thing they tout is "Better import."

I don't want to write "it will be fine" but since you are moving from an Outlook to Outlook albeit only the name change I predict the change will be fairly smooth.

The only issue I run into is that many don't get all their "stuff." What stuff? Try this article ->

It notes the trouble but I'm in luck since we are still on Outlook 2000 at the office so for me I have not only my solution but can use the one at the wikipedia. I also can export in other formats, write VB/VBA and other code so I consider this to be a non-obstacle. Sorry but I realize that most will not have such tools and work with an rabid group of MS/Linux and soon to be Mac programmers.

Collapse -
RE: There are more types than PST
by andrewvisser / July 8, 2007 6:03 AM PDT

This all looks interesting.

I'm running Outlook 2003 on my PC so I may still have some problems.

If you are wanting to go from Outlook on your PC to other mail programmes on your Mac (including OSX Mail and Entourage) then someone has just suggested the following to me on another forum.

It will cost you $10 but it might just do the trick...

All the Best...

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?