Alert

Microsoft Security Update Guide For February 2019

Microsoft released new security updates today. Both Critical and Important Updates have been released. Updates include those for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Edge, Exchange Server, .NET Framework, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Visual Studio, ChakraCore, Adobe Flash, and others.

Microsoft Security Updates for February 12, 2019

Microsoft also released an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services, and the Download Center.

February 2019 Security Update Release Notes

In addition, Microsoft released a number of updates for Microsoft Office in the link below. It appears that Office 2007 has reached EOL as I see no updates for that version of Office other than a couple for the Excel & Word Viewers and Microsoft Compatibility Pack.

February 2019 updates for Microsoft Office

Hope this helps.

Grif

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Microsoft Security Update Guide For February 2019
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Microsoft Security Update Guide For February 2019
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Microsoft Security Updated For February 2K19
Microsoft Security Updated For February 2K19 :

The security refresh incorporates quality upgrades. No new working framework highlights are being presented in this refresh. Key changes include:

Addresses an issue that may avert applications that utilization a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 record organization from opening. This issue happens if the database has section names more noteworthy than 32 characters. The database neglects to open with the blunder, "Unrecognized Database Format".

Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Server, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
- Collapse -
WIndows 10 what type of protection do I need on my PC

I have Windows 10. I was getting a lot of popups to renew Total AV, so last night I subscribed. Shortly thereafter I received an error message that I had a virus alert from MicroSoft & my computer was blocked. The message said to call 1-866-203-1578, so naturally I did. The representative asked to remote in. I hesitated but I let him.
The representative indicated that I had a Trojan Rundll32.ex and that my security had been compromised. I needed to leave so I hung up on him and shut my computer down.
So my ultimate question, should I be purchasing any additional protection for my Windows 10 operating system and if so what is recommended?

- Collapse -
That's a web SCAM!!

Google that "virus alert from Microsoft" and you find it's a scam.

- Collapse -
That phone number is a WEB SCAM.
- Collapse -
Re: protection
https://www.pcmag.com/review/364523/totalav-essential-antivirus isn't too positive about the product you bought. And now you can testify from your own experience it didn't block this scam.

If you only use the antivirus part of the program (not the system boost, the cleaner, the password vault or the VPN) I'd uninstall it and replace it by the free version of AVG or Avast. However, even with those programs, I don't use those extra features. No need to purchase anything.

Post was last edited on March 3, 2019 5:00 AM PST

CNET Forums

Forum Info