Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Microsoft Picture it 2002 and Vista

by BBAILEY1050 / August 8, 2008 3:31 AM PDT

Boy, this took me a few hrs to figure out but I can get it to work, not like it use to, but good enough..open (right click)ur pictures with microsft picture it. It wont be there, so youll have to hit browse, then pip, that should load picture it in this categaory for now on

find a picture u like, right click, open with picture it, everything gets huge, and picture it does open, u can make all the changes to it u want but cannot save as.......u can save, but not as...to add more pictures, just go back to ur pictures folders,,not using picture it, right click on it and it will show up on the bottom with ur other picture, saying if u wanted to clone or add features from one pic to the other or just to have it when u need it..i have done this about 5 times with success..it suxs how microsoft left all of us hanging but ppl, u can still enjoy the ease of this program. I downloaded coral and I thought I was pretty good at stuff and I was like huh? delete..LOL if any body knows of a better way to get this to work, feel free to add it...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Picture it 2002 and Vista
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Picture it 2002 and Vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you try the install method noted at post 3 of link?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 9, 2008 3:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
as stated in step 3
by BBAILEY1050 / August 9, 2008 7:58 AM PDT

tried this first and it didn't work

Collapse -
more on picture it
by BBAILEY1050 / August 9, 2008 8:02 AM PDT
In reply to: as stated in step 3

used it all day today and all features work except being able to save as, so if u make changes, u better want to keep em..basically what is stated in step 3 is what my way automactically does for u, when u right click on any picture, open it with picture it, ur computer changes everything to work, everything is huge, looks like old windows 98 or something lke that, but im able to anything i want from this point on, even save my work, but not the original. im trying stage 3 again...anything that would help is appreciated

Collapse -
"The program worked perfectly for me after this."
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 9, 2008 8:05 AM PDT
In reply to: as stated in step 3

Sadly this is the best news I could find about this old dog. Since you know MS has no intentions of fixing I'd make plans to get off it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.