Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Microsoft Picture it 2000 run on a XP system?

by shakeherjunk / January 28, 2009 11:52 AM PST

I don't own the software or anything. This is one others recommend if you are going to buy any of the microsoft picture it programs. I was curious to know if any of you own this software and can it run on a xp system? Somebody told me all versions can run on XP.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Picture it 2000 run on a XP system?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Picture it 2000 run on a XP system?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Now I have a problem
by shakeherjunk / April 8, 2009 3:32 PM PDT

I just bought picture it 2000. Now i can't run it unless i have IE5. Is there any way to bypass that? Thanks in advance whoever answers.

Collapse -
I have Picture It 2000 with Windows XP and also have problem
by SammyKitty / February 20, 2010 7:10 AM PST
In reply to: Now I have a problem

Does anyone have the answer to the problem of Picture It 2000 requiring the use of Explorer 5.I have the Explorer 8 and now Picture It will not let me re install it.Help?

Collapse -
Installing Picture It! 2000 on XP
by johnaka999 / September 7, 2010 4:25 PM PDT

Doing the install is quite simple. And Picture It! 2000 works GREAT on XP. Perfectly! What you do is go to Add/Remove Programs, and delete your current version of Internet Explorer. When Picture It! gets to the part where it's hanging you up, it will install IE5 automatically, and continue to download perfectly. Once your download is complete and PI is working, go back to Add/Remove Programs, remove IE5, then install the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Collapse -
How to get this software
by COQUERAND / December 4, 2010 4:25 PM PST

Hello, I'm living in Switzerland. I used to have Picture it 99 and also 2000 but, because a crash of hard disk, I've lost the software 2000 and don't find anymore the DISK I had used previously to install it... Here in Switzerland and even on the WEB, I can't find this software. Can you help me ? could you send me a copy of your disk ? of course, I'll pay for it. I thank you very much for your help, Marcel COQUERAND - 1080 LES CULLAYES - Switzerland ; marcel.coq at bluewin.ch

Collapse -
I have Picture It 2000 with Windows XP and also have problem
by Joesearles / November 1, 2011 1:04 AM PDT

Yes, I have picture it 2000 on my Windows 7 machine but to use the program, I
had to first install Virtual Windows XP. However, I had to first download IE6,
remove IE7 and install IE6 to install the Picture It program. Then I reinstalled IE7. On
my previous machine Windows XP, I had the same problem. Installing with IE6
bypasses the IE5 install from the program of Picture It 2000.

Collapse -
Microsoft Picture it 2000 run on a XP system?
by Joesearles / November 1, 2011 12:59 AM PDT

Yes, I have picture it 2000 on my Windows 7 machine but to use the program, I had to first install Virtual Windows XP. However, I had to first download IE6, remove IE7 and install IE6 to install the program. Then I reinstalled IE7. On my previous machine Windows XP, I had the same problem. Installing with IE6 bypasses the IE5 install from the program of Picture It 2000.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.