Smart Home & Appliances forum

General discussion

Microsoft Office XP Home Edition 2002

HELP! I have just moved back to UK from Cyprus. Brought my Office XP Disks with me. But when I unpacked them the Office XP Home Edition disk was smashed. Therefore, I could not load my Office XP Pro 2002 Upgrade. Does anyone have an old Office XP 2002 Home edition disk they don't use anymore. I have my valid licence numbers for both Home edition and Pro. Just need an old copy of the disk for XP Home 2002.
Tried MSN direct but all I got was "DON'T SUPPORT ANYMORE, YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY A NEW COPY OF XP PRO".
I am a pensioner and just can't afford the prices they charge now.
Would be really grateful for help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Office XP Home Edition 2002
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Office XP Home Edition 2002
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If nobody offers a disk ...

In reply to: Microsoft Office XP Home Edition 2002

work-around by downloading free OpenOffice 3.0. Works for most of us quite satisfactory (but, of course, you might be the exception).

Why do you need the Pro version?

Kees

Collapse -
Offixe XP Home

In reply to: If nobody offers a disk ...

Thank you for your reply. I need the Pro version on my PC because I do a lot of work for a charity on a voluntary basis and also a lot of spreadsheets and other stuff. Pro gives me much more and I am fully conversant with it. Meg

Collapse -
The difference between Standard and Pro ...

In reply to: Offixe XP Home

is that Standard has only Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint, while Pro adds Access and Publisher.

If you don't need Access or Publisher (and you didn't explicitely say so) you don't need Pro. The only thing you mention is spreadsheets, and the Excel in both versions is exactly the same.

http://shopper.cnet.com/4366-3524_9-5600364.html gives the comparison and a few rather cheap places to buy what you need. Even a charity might be able to pay it for you if you need it for your work for them.

Kees

Collapse -
Try It! You'll like it! :)

In reply to: Microsoft Office XP Home Edition 2002

Megdow I agree completely and then some with Kees. Give Open Office a try. If you're a home user it is a free download and there is no reason you can't have two different office suites on your computer. You can always track down the parts to get your MS Office 2002 running. After trying Open Office 3 -which is more "up to date" then a 7 year old MS Office- you may decide it isn't worth the effort to get MS Office working. You can set up Open Office to open MS Office documents and save them in MS Office format. I have yet to run into any problems moving documents back and forth between MS Office and Open Office.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.