Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Microsoft Office 2003 Template help needed ASAP

by j0rdanisme / February 27, 2008 1:20 AM PST

Hey,
I am trying to make a advertising contract,
that is 8 pages long,
however I don't to make the layout for each page.
So i was trying to create a 4 colum template (2 down, 2 across),
however I cant figure out how to copy it down to a new page.
When ever i do so, even if i download a 3 colum from MS site,
it just puts a 2 colum,
or doesn't move it down at all.
Am i missing something here?
What is the easiest way to copy a layout from 1 page to another?
this is getting frustrating.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Office 2003 Template help needed ASAP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Office 2003 Template help needed ASAP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
follow up
by j0rdanisme / February 27, 2008 3:51 AM PST

no such help from anyone?
I am sure someone knows how to copy over a layout that has more than 1 column?
I just want it so if I alter a colum width on the first page, all the others change with it. Just like when you use a layout.

Collapse -
I wonder if MS Word is the best tool for this purpose.
by Kees Bakker / February 27, 2008 4:01 AM PST
In reply to: follow up

Why not compose a dedicated form in Visual Basic or so? Or maybe even web-based?

Kees

Collapse -
adsa
by j0rdanisme / February 27, 2008 4:13 AM PST

Because i am trying to do this in word....
Is it not possible to have a 4 column master template?
Or is there some kind of different way of copying templates from 1 page to another?

Collapse -
Explain more please.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 28, 2008 12:35 AM PST

You said a 4 column format, 2 down and 2 across.

That's a 2 column format. Columns go down, and rows go across, so what you are describing is a 2 column for4mat, with 2 rows.

Is that what you mean?

Mark

Collapse -
understood
by j0rdanisme / February 28, 2008 12:44 AM PST
In reply to: Explain more please.

Hey,
so here is what happens. If i have a 2 colum layout and a new page is created, it will add the 2 colum layout to it automatically.
However, if i add a row to that layout, it would just add another row.
The layout i want to create has 2 colums, and 4 rows.

Is there any way to group them all, so when a new page is created, all the colums and rows will be there?

Collapse -
Other alternatives?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 28, 2008 1:00 AM PST
In reply to: understood

I am still not entirely sure what you need. In your first post you said you are trying to make an advertising contract. I didn't know that advertising contracts were any differently set out than any other type of contract.

Also, and this is the confusing bit, you said you don't want to make a layout for each page, but you can't figure out how to copy it, (the layout), to the new page.

So, I am not sure where we are.

However, are their other alternatives that you could consider? eg;

1] Newspaper columns? Format > Columns. This would give a newspaper type layout and you would do away with rows.

2] Tables. With tables you can create as many columns and rows as you like, and copy the whole table to a new page as and when you wish.If you don't want to see the borders and/or the grid lines, you can use Borders and shading to hide them.

Mark

Collapse -
Mark, please read all this.
by j0rdanisme / February 28, 2008 1:06 AM PST
In reply to: Other alternatives?

Ok,
Here is my exact issue. Forget everything else.

When you create a layout, from what i understand, if you alter a colum width on the first page, all the others will change with it. Correct me if i am wrong.

So, that is why i dont want to "copy, paste" it to the new page, because it then does not change the size automatically, and i would have to go through and manually do it for 8 pages.

I wanted to create a 2 colum layout, with 4 rows. If i save this as a layout, then open it, and add a new page, i either end up with a blank page, or page with another "row" on it.

I wanted to know a way to make it so a layout, is actually copied down to the next page exactly, holding the same attributes, there for performing the correct actions when i try to change a colum width.

Collapse -
Re: layout
by Kees Bakker / February 28, 2008 5:00 AM PST

If you need an 8-page template, simply make a LONG table that stretches over 8 pages. Set the rows to the exact (or at least) height and to NOT split between pages and it behaves as you want: 1 table that changes column width all over and print across 8 pages.
This works with me in Word 2003.

Or do I still understand your needs incorrectly?

Kees

Collapse -
Re:Layout
by j0rdanisme / February 28, 2008 5:23 AM PST
In reply to: Re: layout

Wow,
How is it so simple,
yet i didn't think of it.
Thank

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!