Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Resolved Question

Microsoft Hotmail. Sign in

by raygfc / June 24, 2012 3:40 AM PDT

When using Internet Explorer, I get a window from Microsoft Hotmail.
It says "schedule an inbox cleanup" and asks me to sign in.
Each time this window appears I cancel it but it keeps coming back. Sometimes I have ten or more on the screen at once. Whilst typing this, I cancelled this window at least 50 times.

I have Windows Live Mail but do not have Hotmail.

Can you help please.

raygfc

raygfc has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by raygfc

Collapse -
Not really.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 24, 2012 3:56 AM PDT

"One Windows Live ID gets you into Hotmail, Messenger, Xbox" which can confuse folk as Microsoft has not stopped their infighting over products. Microsoft also has millions of these apps out there so how do you propose handling a change in all apps across millions of PCs to change a line of code that got the email service name wrong?

Frankly I'd long in and schedule the cleanup or ask Microsoft to clean up their code.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by raygfc / June 26, 2012 7:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Not really.

The Hotmail window has not appeared for two days so I am hoping I've seen the end of it. However, if it does come back I will take your advice.

Ray

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!