General discussion

microsoft fax console with empty outbox

Win XP SP3 current updates. I have been faxing for years with no problems, this week fax console outbox is empty after completing fax wizard. If I omit fax cover sheet fax works properly. I have deleted fax folder with personal coverpages and recreated folder and cover sheet. Scanned disk for virus, reinstalled Windows with repair installation with same results. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: microsoft fax console with empty outbox
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: microsoft fax console with empty outbox
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sorry but it's been over a decade

Since I did anything with this app.

"Are your cover pages in the correct location? Do they open correctly in the
Cover Page editor? The Help files will clue you in on all this.
--
Russ Valentine "

And then we have the old remove and reinstall Microsoft Fax (another standard answer!)
Bob

- Collapse -
Created new cover sheet

in MY Documents/Personal Coverpages with same results. Two pages appear in Printer and Faxes but nothing is in the outbox of the fax console. I have deleted and reinstalled the Fax Services several times. Are there any registry entries I can modify?

- Collapse -
Sorry but

It's been over a decade since I dealt with this app. I found it to be cranky at times and my only thought is that NTFS PERMISSIONS could be an issue.

For example if any file path is in the user's folder and that "make my files private" option or EFS is enabled I could expect problems.
Bob

- Collapse -
Microsoft FAX console: does not put FAX in outbox

I know it's even been even longer since this question was asked... but now I have the same problem! So, if anyone else finds their way here and subsequently finds an answer, post it! You never know who might happen along (after all, I did!), no matter how olde the thread is!

CNET Forums

Forum Info