Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Microsoft Explorer tool bars

I have the new version of IE and it is quite confusing.
I dont have a "History" toolbar, nor a "Refresh" toolbar.
Is there any way to bet these tolbars or do I need to go back to the previous version of IE?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Explorer tool bars
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Explorer tool bars
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Huh?

In reply to: Microsoft Explorer tool bars

Maybe you better explain what you consider to be a toolbar. Or better yet, do the even smarter thing, and dump IE in favor of something a bit more secure, like Mozilla Firefox or Opera. The less you use IE, or anything based on it, the safer your system is.

Try one or both of the browsers I suggested. Both are free, so you can keep the one you like best, or both.

Collapse -
Click on tools

there is an area where you can select to get different toolbars and various add / remove stuff. Personally I didn't like IE7 so I went back to IE6. I always use IE, never had any problems or virus or spyware stuff. And for me, anyway, IE7 seemed to slow down my system. As far as I'm concerned its a "Beta".
Good luck,
Eddie

Collapse -
ie toolbars

In reply to: Click on tools

What is the best way to remove IE7 and go back to IE6? I liked IE6 much better. I dont want to lose any settings or info such as "favorites" etc.
I am using WIN XP Home SP2
Thanks in advance

Collapse -
IE6

In reply to: ie toolbars

You can click start/control panel/add & remove programs, locate IE7 and remove/uninstall it. IE6 will automatically return. As far as your ?favorites? is concerned, they will still be there. However, if your concerned and want to make sure you don?t lose them, then do the following "first" and then uninstall IE7: With the internet open, click File/Import & Export, ?Welcome to Import/Export Wizard? opens, click ?next?, select ?export favorites?, click next, on the next ?screen?, ?Favorites? will be highlighted, click next, there will be a ?dot? in ?Export to a file or Address?, and a default location will be listed, something like: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator (or your user name)\My Documents?, be extra sure to make note of the location or change it to whatever you want by clicking on ?browse?, afterwards click on next, click ?Finish?, ?Successfully Exported Favorites?, click OK. When you have IE6 back, if your favorites are not there, then basically do the previous procedure, but now your going to ?Import your Favorites?, and if you changed the ?default? location then you will need to ?browse? to where they are so that you can import them. By the way, the name of the file that is created is called ?Bookmark.htm?. You may want to create this file from time to time, just to have it.
Post back if you have any additional issues.
Good luck,
Eddie

Collapse -
I also prefer IE 6

In reply to: ie toolbars

I went back to IE 6 because I lost auto fill when I went to 7.

Collapse -
IE7 Toolbars

Next to the tab, right click and select Menuu Bar. You will have five items listed, File Edit View Favorites Tools & Help.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.