Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

micro sd card damage

Is it possible to repair a damaged/scratched micro sd card ? When inserted-it says "card unreadable" or "no card inserted"

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: micro sd card damage
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: micro sd card damage
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What I do is...

In reply to: micro sd card damage

Put it in my PC and if it doesn't let me format I move on.

Collapse -
(NT) microsd damage

In reply to: What I do is...

Collapse -
micro sd card damage

My microsd card is full of photos that i cant replace, and it got scratched. I was wondering if theres any repair possible ?

Collapse -
What do you mean...

..."it got scratched" ? Tell how it got damaged(if indeed it is damaged) Or tell how you are not able to get at the photos ...

Collapse -
contuine....

In reply to: What do you mean...

...can you see the photos with the card in the camera ? Try another card reader ....have you put it in the correct slot ?

Collapse -
If its worth saving, this company.

Collapse -
microsd card damage

The card was from my phone-concert,friends,etc. photos. The card was dropped on floor and vacuumed up. it doesnt look damaged but it must be scratched or something-it wont work in printer,phone,or camera-it says no card inserted

Collapse -
Vacuumed up...

In reply to: microsd card damage

...card has been in sea water for several weks and still worked... some have been retrieved from burnt out camera and still ok...so "vacuumed up" is nothing. Those card are tough, but maybe not so much for a micro. I would try cleaning the contacts - wipe carefully with moist soft cloth. BTW, has it been formated at the phone before initial use ?

Collapse -
microsd card damage

In reply to: Vacuumed up...

Dont know if i formatted the card or not, thanks for the input

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.