General discussion

micro sd card damage

Is it possible to repair a damaged/scratched micro sd card ? When inserted-it says "card unreadable" or "no card inserted"

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: micro sd card damage
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: micro sd card damage
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What I do is...

Put it in my PC and if it doesn't let me format I move on.

- Collapse -
(NT) microsd damage
- Collapse -
micro sd card damage

My microsd card is full of photos that i cant replace, and it got scratched. I was wondering if theres any repair possible ?

- Collapse -
What do you mean...

..."it got scratched" ? Tell how it got damaged(if indeed it is damaged) Or tell how you are not able to get at the photos ...

- Collapse -
contuine....

...can you see the photos with the card in the camera ? Try another card reader ....have you put it in the correct slot ?

- Collapse -
If its worth saving, this company.
- Collapse -
microsd card damage

The card was from my phone-concert,friends,etc. photos. The card was dropped on floor and vacuumed up. it doesnt look damaged but it must be scratched or something-it wont work in printer,phone,or camera-it says no card inserted

- Collapse -
Vacuumed up...

...card has been in sea water for several weks and still worked... some have been retrieved from burnt out camera and still ok...so "vacuumed up" is nothing. Those card are tough, but maybe not so much for a micro. I would try cleaning the contacts - wipe carefully with moist soft cloth. BTW, has it been formated at the phone before initial use ?

- Collapse -
microsd card damage

Dont know if i formatted the card or not, thanks for the input

CNET Forums

Forum Info