Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

micro sd card damage

Dec 10, 2008 8:26AM PST

Is it possible to repair a damaged/scratched micro sd card ? When inserted-it says "card unreadable" or "no card inserted"

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
What I do is...
Dec 10, 2008 8:53AM PST

Put it in my PC and if it doesn't let me format I move on.

- Collapse -
(NT) microsd damage
Dec 10, 2008 9:37PM PST
- Collapse -
micro sd card damage
Dec 10, 2008 9:40PM PST

My microsd card is full of photos that i cant replace, and it got scratched. I was wondering if theres any repair possible ?

- Collapse -
What do you mean...
Dec 10, 2008 9:50PM PST

..."it got scratched" ? Tell how it got damaged(if indeed it is damaged) Or tell how you are not able to get at the photos ...

- Collapse -
contuine....
Dec 10, 2008 9:55PM PST

...can you see the photos with the card in the camera ? Try another card reader ....have you put it in the correct slot ?

- Collapse -
If its worth saving, this company.
Dec 10, 2008 10:16PM PST
- Collapse -
microsd card damage
Dec 10, 2008 10:21PM PST

The card was from my phone-concert,friends,etc. photos. The card was dropped on floor and vacuumed up. it doesnt look damaged but it must be scratched or something-it wont work in printer,phone,or camera-it says no card inserted

- Collapse -
Vacuumed up...
Dec 10, 2008 11:06PM PST

...card has been in sea water for several weks and still worked... some have been retrieved from burnt out camera and still ok...so "vacuumed up" is nothing. Those card are tough, but maybe not so much for a micro. I would try cleaning the contacts - wipe carefully with moist soft cloth. BTW, has it been formated at the phone before initial use ?

- Collapse -
microsd card damage
Dec 11, 2008 6:35AM PST

Dont know if i formatted the card or not, thanks for the input