HolidayBuyer's Guide

Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Michael Kossar

by mikekossar / January 8, 2015 5:29 PM PST

Hello Friends ,

To be very frank, I do download music from websites, but they do put their attributes inside their music files.

It is very annoying when my smart phone keep showing their info. Grin

please tell me a way to completely remove all attributes Wink

regards
Michael Kossar

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Michael Kossar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Michael Kossar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: attributes
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 8, 2015 5:46 PM PST
In reply to: Michael Kossar

Yes, mp3 files have embedded data (like the artist, album, track number).

If the player on your phone shows those attributes and you don't like that, why not use another player that works like you want?
Or on your PC use any mp3-editor to edit that data to space.

Kees

Collapse -
thats not what I wanted :)
by mikekossar / January 12, 2015 6:01 PM PST
In reply to: Re: attributes

Hey Kees_B

thanks for replying.

I really do not want to change my device, any Idea about these editors your are talking about, the WMP of W7 allows edition but not all hidden attributes.

regards
mike kossar

Collapse -
Re: mp3 tag editor
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 15, 2015 4:25 PM PST
Collapse -
I just started using the first one on googles list.
by Ed Mead Forum moderator / January 15, 2015 10:26 PM PST
Collapse -
Michael kossar wanted solution to this urgently....
by michaelkossar / February 4, 2015 2:41 PM PST

Yes i have searched whole on Google but can't find a suitable editor for my phone. Please help me with real names which I can find on Google.

Thanks,
Michael Kossar

Collapse -
Tell us why
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 4, 2015 3:13 PM PST

the app suggested by Ed is not suitable for you.

What more do you need?

Mark

Collapse -
He wants to do it on his phone, not on a PC.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 4, 2015 4:14 PM PST
In reply to: Tell us why

Thjen he should search Google Play or the Apple (or Windows) app store for an mp3-editor. That's better for such apps than Google. And he better tries the Android or iPhone forum for suggestions than this forum.
Of coruse, he can also try to search for a player that doesn't show all those attributes. So he has two ways of attacking his problem.

Until it's solved his choices are:
1. Do it on a PC.
2. Accept that it's shown.

Kees

Collapse -
Free Music
by mikekossar / February 10, 2015 4:59 PM PST
In reply to: Tell us why

I just only need that, I can listen to disturbing free music with one click.

Regards,
Michael Kossar

Collapse -
Search continuously
by thomaselly123 / February 10, 2015 4:33 PM PST

Hi Michael Kossar, the matter is that, you need to search it on the search engine with proper name, so that it may be helpful to you.

Collapse -
Not getting
by mikekossar / February 10, 2015 5:05 PM PST
In reply to: Search continuously

Hi all, That is exactly I am not getting, that how to search with the proper keywords? Ok, I will be tryig, then will reply for sure.

Regards,
Michael Kossar

Collapse -
No Solution
by mikekossar / February 10, 2015 3:39 PM PST

Thanks for your reply Ed Mead, but it is quiet disturbing when we want to listen to something and some pop-ups open.

Regards,
Michael kossar

Collapse -
Need to know
by mikekossar / February 10, 2015 7:04 PM PST

Hey Thanks for your reply, this is Michael kossar, why they are telling that this app is not suitable for me? what is the problem with it?

Regards,
Michael Kossar

Collapse -
Learn about right websites
by thomaselly123 / February 8, 2015 8:22 PM PST
In reply to: Michael Kossar

I think, to download songs from the web, we must know some technique. I do not think that accepting all that are listed can solve the problem.

Collapse -
Technique
by mikekossar / February 10, 2015 5:03 PM PST

Hi, its Michael Kossar, I think it is not the technique, the way, I must learn to overcome my problem.

Regards,
Michael Kossar

Collapse -
Right websites
by thomaselly123 / February 10, 2015 6:11 PM PST
In reply to: Technique

Yeah, that is what I meant to say. Anyways, hope you will find a fast solution Michael Kossar.

Collapse -
For a solution
by mikekossar / February 10, 2015 7:07 PM PST
In reply to: Right websites

Hii, this is Michael Kossar,
Thanks Elly for your continuous support, but it will be too much appreciable if you can find any solution for me.

Regards,
Michael Kossar

Collapse -
So what the problem is,
by Ed Mead Forum moderator / February 10, 2015 7:22 PM PST
In reply to: For a solution

is that you go to a website to download music, the website has pop ups? Which websites are you getting your music from? Maybe if you give us some links to the websites and music, it might be helpful.

Collapse -
Name of the websites
by mikekossar / February 12, 2015 2:25 PM PST

Thanks very much Ed Mead, Yeah I am giving you some of the names.

1. englishsong
2. webmusic
3. songslover etc....

Regards,
Michael Kossar

Collapse -
I went to the websites and was able to
by Ed Mead Forum moderator / February 12, 2015 8:51 PM PST
In reply to: Name of the websites

download files without a popup or problem, but my Firefox is setup to not allow popups or other things that might come up. The big problem is C/net does not allow us to help in downloading of pirated music or movies, which those sites link to. Your question has been answered, so this post is getting locked. Good luck in your quest.

Collapse -
(NT) what's the punch line?
by James Denison / February 10, 2015 7:16 PM PST
In reply to: Right websites
Collapse -
Punch Line
by mikekossar / February 12, 2015 2:27 PM PST
In reply to: what's the punch line?

Hey James, the punch line is, when I am clicking the download button to download a song, repeatedly pop up opens, its too irritating.

Regards,
Michael Kossar

Collapse -
This thread ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 12, 2015 4:49 PM PST
In reply to: Punch Line

started with a player showing attributes of a mp3 file, and now it's about popups from sites. That's something totally different. Confusing.

Popups on websites most often come from the website itself. Since you don't pay for the music, their advertisers pay. So the first work-around is to just buy your music, from Apple or Amazon for example. No more popups.

An alternative might be to see if your browser settings allow for blocking popups or add an ad-blocker or popup-blocker. Sometimes they work. It's up to you to find something that works for you.

Finally, there is a small chance that it's caused by malware on your PC. To see that, try it on another PC or in Linux. If it's the same there, it's sure to come from the website.

Kees

Collapse -
Perfection
by thomaselly123 / February 12, 2015 6:41 PM PST
In reply to: This thread ...

I think Mr. Michael Kossar is bit confused and tensed with his problem, may be he has that another problem.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.