I currently have five BD-C5500's and a HT-C5500 and primarily got them for a consistent Blu-ray and streaming experience around the house. I have no major complaints about these as players (interface could be a bit more flexible) but the Samsung PCSM streaming software is a joke!
After being frustrated with Samsungs PCSM software and the lack of any development that makes it 'useable' I've been testing other servers among them J River Media Center, Mezzmo, Serviio, and TVersity.
I've settled though on Mezzmo.
I like the fact that:
- Once you select Video/Music/Photo on the players you only see folders/playlists that you have assigned to that category in Mezzmo.
- It keeps in sync, new files appear almost immediately after adding and you don't need to refresh the Database. I hate this with PCSM as you can't do this while someone is using it without cutting them off. - It keeps files in alphabetical order - PCSM would display in order that they were added. You have to unshare and share folders to get back in order.
- You can create your own playlists, e.g. based on genre, rating, year or rolodex style index.
- You can customize the thumbnail with your own image...... hopefully they will integrate with themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com
- I like the way they are heading with Sharing Permissions where you can only allow specific players ability to play some folders/playlists (like explicit content). Still needs some work thou
- It can transcode formats if not supported by the TV/BDP.
- They have a forum where you can provide feedback and get a response.
- They openly embrace suggestions.
- You can email their support and get a response that actually helps.
It costs $29.95 but in my view worth it.
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?